Bib shorts - Rapha Pro Team v Etxeondo Attaque Gor

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

phollingswo

by phollingswo

Valbrona wrote:Does the venerable Basque company market headphones made from African Hair Sheep leather?

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/rap ... her-172992

Er, I think not.

Rapha: The epitome of Far East manufactured crap with an expensive label on.

Just FYI, the pro team bib shorts are made in Italy.

Have you ever tried them out of interest? I've found the build quality to be very good. The straps are wide and comfy, the grippers do their job well, the chamois is extremely comfortable, and the fit is great.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

^^^absolute nonsense. There are lots of brands in cycling that are priced aspirationally, outsource production and have a coherent marketing strategy. An individual's personal response to the combination of branding, utility and price will determine what they buy and ride. Just don't pretend this is an in any way rational process.

People who have been riding a while like to find ways to distinguish themselves, and there is sometimes a lot of inverse snobbery involved.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lafolie

by Lafolie

very pleased - made the right choice ! :-)

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

The Rapha headphones even feature a pink chord.

Smirk, smirk, smirk.

verbs4us

by verbs4us

Trying my first set of Rapha bibs after decades in Pearl Izumi and Castelli. The Rapha fit very snug. At 5'8" and 130 lbs with a 30-in waist I calculate as a small but the legs in the small were so snug, I felt like my quads would turn blue after 10 miles. I went for the medium, which is a little baggy in my white-guy butt but less snug in the legs--but still snugger than anything else I've tried. Jury is still out but so far I would go back to Casetelli for fit, comfort and durability. Rapha's seem well made. The chamois is not overly pillowy or too Methodist. Shoulder straps stay in place. The Pearl straps are too narrow and slip off.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^.. jeebus... when I HAD a 30inch waist I still weighed 170 @ that height.. WTH.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

How does Rapha compare to Assos?

Lafolie

by Lafolie

I think Assos are better made. The best thing about the rapha bibs in my humble opinion is the chamois. However, overall construction and materials....I would go Assos or Etxeondo for sure !

joosttx

by joosttx

You ought to consider Q36.5 L1 bibs. They are the nicest bins I have ever owned and are a level above Rapha