New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

kgt wrote:China...

Give it a rest.

But if you're going there, here's a tale for you. An Aussie 'team' of cyclists all got their custom bikes earlier this year. The rear brake bridge was so far out of alignment (it also varied across the four from "bad" to "even worse") that standard brake callipers would not come close to the pads aligning with the rims.

All frames made in Europe.

So lets dispense with the passive aggressive swipes at Asian manufacturing and go back to the discussion at hand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks TP, excellent response.

Does anyone know what the claimed (avg) weight of the CAAD12 fork is, uncut (or as supplied with a 54/56 frame?)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

euan

by euan

Tinea Pedis wrote:All frames made in Europe.

So lets dispense with the passive aggressive swipes at Asian manufacturing and go back to the discussion at hand.

The difference between the good and bad manufacturers are always in the unseen details, processes. Bad processes are everywhere.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

china? no, usa! thats an issue of bad quality-control.

kgt

by kgt

Tinea Pedis wrote:

Give it a rest.

But if you're going there, here's a tale for you. An Aussie 'team' of cyclists all got their custom bikes earlier this year. The rear brake bridge was so far out of alignment (it also varied across the four from "bad" to "even worse") that standard brake callipers would not come close to the pads aligning with the rims.

All frames made in Europe.

You may reveal this 'made in Europe' company with shity quality control. Why keep it secret?
BTW I ask you to examine up-close a hi-end Time or Colnago fork. Then we talk again...

noyade233

by noyade233

Anyone else having noise coming from the headset of the 2016 evo hi mod? Its a random click like a pebble hitting the frame, usually when I'm going over rough roads or even more seldom when putting a lot of weight on the bars while riding . I have pulled apart the headset and cleaned and greased everything a few times now and the noise still comes back to haunt me. As a last ditch effort, I cranked down the compression top cap as hard as I could and the two minute test ride I took felt promising but I'm not going to say the issue is solved until I really get some time on the bike. Just a little worried about the amount of force I had to use on the top cap if in fact that was the issue.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

If you could do that and not lock up the headset bearings with excessive preload, then something is wrong. Either steerer tube is cut too long ( not enough spacers) or you need a few microshims as described in this thread.

lwrncc

by lwrncc

Tour mag test results:

"It doesn't get easier, you just go faster"

http://bb2stem.blogspot.com.au/

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

lwrncc wrote:Tour mag test results:

Can you please upload screenshots of Specialized and Trek? I'd like to see the pentagon as how they perform in acceleration and downhill.
Thanks.
Last edited by mpulsiv on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

phlip

by phlip

It says Antritt (acceleration, I assume) 2.6, but the pentagon is at 3.5.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So a size 56 frame measured at 1185g, the fork weighed in at 406g (??)
Is the fork really that heavy?

lwrncc

by lwrncc

mpulsiv wrote:Can you please upload screenshots of Specialized and Trek? I'd like to see the pentagon as how they perform in acceleration and downhill.
Thanks.

"It doesn't get easier, you just go faster"

http://bb2stem.blogspot.com.au/

superdx

by superdx

Just got back from a trip to Tokyo, Y's Road in Shinjuku had the 2016 SS EVO HM frames for sale individually. They were around 460,000 yen which is approx. US$4600. That's retail list price, I'm guessing that there would have been some holiday discounts. There were signs everywhere saying 20% off etc and some credit card incentives too.

Almost pulled the trigger but wife was beside me so my hand would have been chopped off along with my credit card :( It was the silver/black frame with the green highlights. Seemed to include the 25.4mm FSA seatpost as well.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The Cannondale BB "standard" BB30a is a bit different than normal BB30...

So is a SRAM Red BB30 crankset compatible with it?

Internet search hasn't provided a clear answer, or example - the closest I could see was a mention of a Force22 crankset compatibility, or conversions down to GXP, but I'm interested in taking a SRAM Red BB30 crankset to the BB30a standard.

Any help?

Thanks.

CamW

by CamW

The one with the integrated carbon spider? Not the removable one for a powermeter?

The powermeter one should fit fine but the integrated spider I think would be really tricky. It doesn't really have extra axle space to spare for the wider BB. You might be able to bodge something by removing the bearing preload adjuster (which is roughly 5mm thick) and just using a wave washer or similar for preload but I suspect it will end up a mm or two on the wrong side of fitting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com