New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Guerdi

by Guerdi

French cycling's magazin "Le Cycle" has just reviewed the new Evo.

I must read the article entirely but bike has received a rave review, as it manages to be even better than its last iteration.

superdx

by superdx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beaver

by Beaver

Regarding the geometry changes: The frameset now accepts 28mm tires, so there need to be adjustments like longer chainstays which leads to a longer wheelbase an so on.

But does anyone know, why there are only Shimano equipped bikes? Not a single SRAM bike at all...

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

I think it is (partly) becuase of the expensive dollar. SRAM being American would make the bike too expensive.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

It seems like the Shimano dominance this year is just part of the cyclical nature of the OEM business.

When Sram came out with Red, Force and Rival, it was pretty aggressive with its marketing and really nailed the OEM options. Shimano took a hit in market share. In response, Shimano has been doing a lot to change its operations, including going in house for most of its LBS distribution. My guess is Shimano offered better pricing for OEM to regain its market share dominance, which is why you are seeing it so much.

And remember, Cannondale used to have a nice mix of Shimano and Campy equipped bikes.

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

superdx wrote:US only SRAM Red disc option? What?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ine-44956/

Cannondale have always had SRAM options in the States that didn't make it across the pond. I understand it's a currency/import thing. Similarly, there's a few of their Urban/Hybrid types only available in Europe.

My old LBS were for a long time the only 'Dale dealer in Ireland, and could get some of them somehow, so it mightn't be impossible to get one.

superdx

by superdx

Were they referring to the SuperSix EVO having the disc option? And SRAM only?

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

superdx wrote:Were they referring to the SuperSix EVO having the disc option? And SRAM only?

Who?

superdx

by superdx

BikeRadar article I linked above

Beaver

by Beaver

Disc: Let's wait and see. It's the first and only article mentioning it.

I'm not quite sure if I like (and need) the new Evo or not:

- the 28mm tire-fit is ok, but I don't really need it, 25mm is fine for me.

- the "Cobra" 25,4mm seatpost might be lighter and more compliant than the old SL-K seatpost, but compared e. g. to a Ritchey Superlogic... hm, nope. And the wide shape takes away the aero benefit of the new hourglass headtube. :lol:

- BB30a might be 11% stiffer, but the frame is also a tad heavier.

- the new fork should be 21% more compliant, but what about stiffness? The old fork already ain't one of the stiffest. And the holes from the production process near the dropouts are just ugly and look "cheap": http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... ork-04.jpg

- same frame accepts DI2 and mech: That's what many people wanted, but now you have a useless screw on the downtube when using DI2 and when using mech, the cable stops are no longer on the headtube, which not only looked better but was also more practical, as the cables don't touch the headtube an damage the paint.

- regarding paint: Those paintjobs are also not the best ones yet. And what does that SST on the seattube stand for? Speed Save Rear Triangle? Why would you write it in those large letters? :roll:
Last edited by Beaver on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

romalor

by romalor

I do prefer the 2015 version ...

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Does anyone now if alle the evo 2016 models are di2 compatible? Or is it only the team? That comes with di2? It looks like the other frames would have a hole on the underside of the downtupe if you remove the cable guides? Talked to my LBS today, and I only need a frameset, and he wil just buy the hole bike, and keep the parts. But he didn't now about the di2 compatiliby,

djconnel

by djconnel

Anyway I heard September for these bikes to be generally available. Has anyone seen one in the wild yet?

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

Or heard about prices? Interested in the caad12 red22 price

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cccycle

by cccycle

headwind816 wrote:Lots of talk of the evo but of the CAAD ... CAAD11 or more tweaks to the 10?

Is it not now CAAD 12 is replacing the 10?

I spoke to a dealer today he reckons he'll have the new hi-mod dura ace evo by the end of October and then the new Nano will be special order only, deliveries starting mid September.

There seems to be two versions of the hi-mod dura ace available. One red frame, one light grey, one comes with basic Kysriums the other with is kysirium elites. Price difference is about £250