New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

da fuq? forreal? that is the dumbest, and I mean DUMBEST thing a bike brand could possibly do given how big the amateur racing scene is in the U.S. and how CAADs are one of the most popular bikes for privateer racers.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

tranzformer

by tranzformer

I agree. Same could be said about Felt USA not selling the AR15 here in the States. Won't sell it because their dealers haven't asked for it and/or don't think they can sell it. More like, they would rather sell a more expensive entry level carbon bike than a nice (and cheaper) AR15. Oh well. Just keep letting Cannondale take your lunch money from you in terms of the CAAD and as riders buy an Evo to replace or complement their CAAD.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

On the geometry, here's a stack-reach chart I made a bit back:

Swift, Trek, and of course Cervelo are all designing to stack-reach, whereas the Cannondale is all over. It sort of bounces between Trek Emonda H1 and H2 depending on the size. Nothing super-wrong with this: if a particular size happens to fit, it fits and that's all you care about. But with Damon there they may move towards a stack-reach design.

I like the aero improvements Scott made in the addict. Cannondale actually went more aero with the Evo just by backing off from fat tubes ("Cannonwhale" is a nickname from the early Al days). Further improvements don't need to make the bike ride like a brick. The latest generation of aero-tuned mass-start bikes are getting excellent ride reviews.

53x12

by 53x12

^ Current Cervelo S3 and Felt AR are two of the more comfortable frames I have ridden. Similar to a Look 585. If I was blinded not sure I could tell a difference.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

tinozee

by tinozee

I thought the same thing about the Propel AL, total crit bike. A hot one !

ultyguy

by ultyguy

53x12 wrote:^ Current Cervelo S3 and Felt AR are two of the more comfortable frames I have ridden. Similar to a Look 585. If I was blinded not sure I could tell a difference.

Just for a different opinion, I own an AR1 and an Evo Nano and while the Felt is not uncomfy, it's not in the same ballpark as the Evo Nano which is super smooth. Over broken pavement the AR1 can get a bit rattled. That said, even with extra weight it's the faster bike most of the time, but not as enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWalker

by KWalker

I have a Felt F1 and that thing is damn comfy!
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ultyguy

by ultyguy

KW am sure it is, prob would've been on one had I not got such a screaming deal on the nano. Felt deffo making good bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

I was just talking to my buddy who is a Cannondale dealer here in the states. He didn't have the full info yet, so I can't say for certain what the actual changes are to the frames and specs, but he recently received a list of new model names and SKUs which supports the TDF release time frame. Basically, Cannondale said "Here are the new names and how the line is going to be arranged, full details to follow shortly".

My buddy suspected that the Evo would be getting a synapse style split seat tube but said that, at least so far, he has heard nothing but trash talk about the benefits of aero from Cannondale. That is speculation, but would fit with what some others pointed out earlier in regard to the Evo being due for a refresh, but Rinard not having been there long enough to have a real influence on the aero front.

nibby

by nibby

mmnnnnn......for those like me trying to decide if I should buy a 2015 ss hi mod or wait until cannondale tell use whats new for 2016 :) but by then the deals or sizing on current 2015 might be gone. Or even better with the new models the deals on the current models might be even better :)

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't made the rounds here. VeloNews spotted a prototype CAAD spotted at the Philadelphia International Cycling Classic. Take a look at the photos.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/06/news/road/pro-bike-corey-williamss-prototype-cannondale_373163

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Yeah I just saw it a few minutes ago. It looks gorgeous.

Must be the new caad12.

53x12

by 53x12

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Thats a nice crit bike!

deek

by deek

Doesn't look too drastically different than the CAAD10 other than the cable routing. The fork doesn't look like an Evo fork like VeloNews said though. It looks straighter. Either way it will probably save a good amount of weight. The seat post collar looks a little more WW. The braze on mount looks a little more stout too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com