New 2016 Cannonade Evo and CAAD later this year

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

Stopped by my local Cannondale shop today and he said to expect a newly designed Evo and CAAD later this year. Didn't have too many specifics. Just BB30A and the cable routing would support both electric and mechanical (internal). He said he heard the Evo would be revealed prior to/at the TdF. Wish my guy had more info, but sadly it seems like he shared all he knew. At least that is the way he played it.

Anyone hear anything else?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

superdx

by superdx

Nice, that's only about 2 months away. Would love to see a hi-mod Evo disc, especially since UCI gave the green light!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eric01

by eric01

Timing feels about right. Evo is a little "old" by modern product cycle standards. And always good to make a splash ahead of the TDF.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

wingguy

by wingguy

I've heard it's the same weight or fractionally lighter, more aero (kamm tail-ish), more comfortable and just as stiff. Apparently if you look at the new Slice they will be applying some of those design ideas.

Krull

by Krull

wingguy wrote:I've heard it's the same weight or fractionally lighter, more aero (kamm tail-ish), more comfortable and just as stiff. Apparently if you look at the new Slice they will be applying some of those design ideas.

hmm, that does not sound like there is something getting better. aero-nonsense....of course its getting more comfortable, what else?
and i cant see, that the evo is a bit "old"-ist simply a timeless, classical design without senseless embellishment, in my oppinion, cant say this of to many current frames.
i am sceptical, but lets wait and see

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

superdx wrote:Nice, that's only about 2 months away. Would love to see a hi-mod Evo disc, especially since UCI gave the green light!

+1
http://eliflap.it/

uraqt

by uraqt

I would guess that it's going to be like the Cervelo R5, didn't Damon Rinard move to Cannonade?

C

53x12

by 53x12

Damon Rinard has only been with Cannondale since January of this year. Wonder if that has given him enough time to revamp things? Guess he hasn't been posting as much lately, so I guess he must be busy at work on something. ;)
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

maquisard

by maquisard

Cannondale now introduced some Cervelo-like features to the Synapse like BB30A, essentially a copy of BBright. Will be interesting to see what follows from Cannondale... and for that matter, what Denk will produce while at Specialized!

headwind816

by headwind816

Lots of talk of the evo but of the CAAD ... CAAD11 or more tweaks to the 10?

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

I think the Force Racing edition of this M/Y might point towards doing an extra-light, stripped down version of the 10 at some point. I reckon there's a CAAD11 on the way, as the likely changes (More tyre clearance, internal cable routing, possible aero shaping) would be too big not to mark a new model.

TBH, though, nothing there would pull me away from my 10.

tinozee

by tinozee

I just converted from long time racing on Specialized to Cannondale. I also manage our whole team gear and bikes so its a huge change for us. I am in love with the evo himod and the Caad10, it's hard to imagine what improvements there could be. Still, I'm looking forward to even more Cannondale options. Someone find a leaked pic!

I just hope they don't add any curves. Please no ugly curved, sloping top tube.

wingguy

by wingguy

I'm guessing that if anything there will be more straight lines and sharp edges.

And definitely CAAD11.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

My only issue with Cannondale is their cable routing only supporting one standard. If they fix that, that's a very welcome change!

Krull

by Krull

tinozee wrote:I just converted from long time racing on Specialized to Cannondale. I also manage our whole team gear and bikes so its a huge change for us. I am in love with the evo himod and the Caad10, it's hard to imagine what improvements there could be. Still, I'm looking forward to even more Cannondale options. Someone find a leaked pic!

I just hope they don't add any curves. Please no ugly curved, sloping top tube

+1

nevertheless possible improvements: evo: round- instead of the huge, broad top tube. caad 10: smaller distance between downtube and front-wheel (looks like a cross-frame)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com