Easton EC 90 Crankset failure warranty novel

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Bought it in 2011, it came apart quietly in 2012, and Easton gave me over 250 usd even without a receipt. I really don't agree with your assessment of them being difficult, and going around moaning to everyone about not getting a late refund of something that should have disappeared from the face of the earth by now seems really childish to me.

Also don't get that rant about how their service just got worse after they were bought - lots of companies are bought by others, and even if you have a tale to tell, your lone story will not be convincing me that they have gone to the dogs...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

http://www.fakereceipt.us/sales_receipt.php

Worked great for my Vector Pedal rebate.

As for ranting about their poor service, I was a big fan of Easton Wheels when they took care of me on my Velomax Tandem Wheels. They bent over backwards getting parts on a one off prototype wheelset. That said, I have sent 3 emails, called them twice, and left 2 messages in the last 6 months for some SLX wheelset issues. Still waiting for a response from them.

Never posted this information anywhere. I just stated that there service was not as good as it once was and not surprised that he was not getting a response from them. Far from ranting. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rant

Svetty

by Svetty

Seems like it's the shop who you bought it from that you should seek redress from......

toko

by toko

I believe that the better think to do when choose a crankset are option between Super Record/Record - Dura Ace or Sram Red if you use any of this groupset(Campy-Shimano or Red).It´s what i will do.
Il Pirata,come te nessuno mai più !

Rick

by Rick

Ultegra 6800 seems like the value bargain of the century! Only a few grams more than Dura Ace, and within a few bucks of $200

toko

by toko

Over more than 6 months tryng solve this matter,when i think tha all be ok,Mr Felix from R&A Cycles located at Brooklin,NY,USA,write me again that the owner MR Philip Cabbad was putting...The Easton told me to return the crankset to warranty dept in Usa.i spent a lot of money in shipping(have a receipt of this)and after received it they told mee that contact R&A Cyclea about a credit of full value of the crankset.
Today Mr Felix from R&A Cycles emailed me telling cthat the Bike Shop owner ship Phillipe Cabbad are creating difficulties, obstacles and unreasonable demands to give me full credit which was granted by Easton to pass along to me.I1m a customer from him since 1996 and spent over 90.000U& in bike and parts to my Club and now this...Not indicate R & A and Easton or my worst enemy.Never been so underserved, disrespected, insulted, embarrassed and made a fool as I was by these two companies ... unacceptable!!!
I will send all docs that i have to a closerfriend american c.itizen to take appropriate legal action against these gentlemen, thinking I might be dead due to an accident caused by a failure of the damned crankset
Beware with them!
Il Pirata,come te nessuno mai più !

jimborello

by jimborello

Yep, this crankset was a mess since the beginning, but Easton usually comes out with very good products. They were also very good to deal with for warranty issues but it seems it has changed a bit since they were bought.

I hope you can fix this soon