Which BB30 crankset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeLuz

by DeLuz

Looks like i am going to be getting a new Cannondale EVO 105 and will be swapping out the parts.
I will be using Campy Chorus / Athena for the shifting and cassette.
I came up with two options for the crankset:

SRAM RED 22 BB30

Campagnolo Comp One OverTorque 11Spd Chainset.

Cost is about the same, SRAM is a little bit lighter 557g vs 603g, Campy requires a $70 installation tool.

I would say I prefer Campy just so it matches and I like the look better.
I know some people will say Cannondale SI but its out of my budget.

I do all my own work on my bikes and have a lot of experience but I have never installed a BB30 crankset so i don't if it makes sense to buy the tool and do it myself or have a shop do it.
I would prefer to do it myself if it isn't really hard or risky.

Thanks

numbers505

by numbers505

I put the hollowgram sisl on my bb30 bike with SR campy otherwise. Not bad to install. I looked on that auction site for mine so it was less than retail... Maybe the FS forum here has one?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeLuz

by DeLuz

numbers505 wrote:I put the hollowgram sisl on my bb30 bike with SR campy otherwise. Not bad to install. I looked on that auction site for mine so it was less than retail... Maybe the FS forum here has one?

There is one on that auction site for $500 obo. It has a few scratches on it and those Fugly FSA rings.
The Campy one is a lot less expensive and only weighs 70g more and I think looks a whole lot nicer, unless I am missing something?

DeLuz

by DeLuz

So I just found out the Campagnolo Comp One OverTorque 11Spd Chainset is 2014 and new one for 2015 is Campagnolo Comp Ultra OverTorque 11 Spd Chainset.
Its about 40g lighter but costs a lot more since the 2014 are being discounted.
The chainrings look the same to me, any reason it shouldn't work with 2015 shifting?