Colnago C60 Headset installation?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nobrakes71

by nobrakes71

Hopefully someone can shed some light (particularly if you built a C60 before):

Starting to build my new C60 (will post pics later) and I'm having trouble with the headset.

It's a Acros headset, but different model from the C59 one.

Questions:

1. Do I need to grease the fork race (that comes pressed from factory) before inserting the fork into the headset?

2. Once I insert the fork, I need to fit a plastic compression ring and then the headset top thing (sorry, don't know name for it...). As the name says, the plastic compression ring is supposed to be compressed and fit snugly around the inside circumference of the bearings. Thing is, I'm finding it extremely tight, almost to the point I'll have to hammer the thing in to get it fitted. Is it supposed to be like that?

Again, probably only those who fitted a C60 before will be able to answer this.

PS. Searched everywhere for instructions, etc. but no guidance whatsoever (even Colnago and Acros don't have a thing about C60 headset installation).

Thanks for the help in advance!

alp2607

by alp2607

Just bought a C60 and I have just been trying to install my plastic compression ring and it is as you say extremely tight. I removed the pre-installed steerer bung and it now presses in easily. The bung was expanding the steerer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markyboy

by markyboy

nobrakes71 wrote:Hopefully someone can shed some light (particularly if you built a C60 before):

Starting to build my new C60 (will post pics later) and I'm having trouble with the headset.

It's a Acros headset, but different model from the C59 one.

Questions:

1. Do I need to grease the fork race (that comes pressed from factory) before inserting the fork into the headset?

2. Once I insert the fork, I need to fit a plastic compression ring and then the headset top thing (sorry, don't know name for it...). As the name says, the plastic compression ring is supposed to be compressed and fit snugly around the inside circumference of the bearings. Thing is, I'm finding it extremely tight, almost to the point I'll have to hammer the thing in to get it fitted. Is it supposed to be like that?

Again, probably only those who fitted a C60 before will be able to answer this.

PS. Searched everywhere for instructions, etc. but no guidance whatsoever (even Colnago and Acros don't have a thing about C60 headset installation).

Thanks for the help in advance!

hi can you put some pics up as I think my headset is different and not acros
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2