Red and Carbon Black Pinarello F8 Campag Record pics added

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

You know what? Their quality is well known on these boards and their specs are so close that I actually chose on aesthetics and that's very close as well.

On my Madone I'm currently running the FSA k-Force Light stem and k-Wing bar and I love them both so much I considered them for my new build. But I ultimately wanted to try something new and different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

mimason wrote:EDIT : I didn't like that you hit your wrists with 3T bars when in the drops sprinting. Shimano and the Enves are better at this. Shimano Vibe was the best bar I've ever used.

I have the 3T Ergonova bar and I do not hit my wrists in the drops while sprinting.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

mimason

by mimason

here is my F8 post ride for those considering ENVE components.

Last edited by mimason on Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Your pic is not showing...

mimason

by mimason

^fixed

LionelB

by LionelB

That looks fine. I would remove all these ugly enve logo pronto.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

mimason wrote:here is my F8 post ride for those considering ENVE components.

It looks great! You matched the parts great!

mimason

by mimason

LionelB wrote:That looks fine. I would remove all these ugly enve logo pronto.

To each his own I guess but you are the first negative comment. They are 4 year old wheels but still running strong. When I am riding fast I am told the wheel logos look cool. :noidea:

LionelB

by LionelB

mimason wrote:
To each his own I guess but you are the first negative comment. They are 4 year old wheels but still running strong. When I am riding fast I am told the wheel logos look cool. :noidea:

I don't mean to be negative this bikes looks good. Just that I think the loud white eve logo on the wheels and stem take away from the centerpiece (i.e. the frame). Not a big deal really :D

mimason

by mimason

LionelB wrote:
mimason wrote:

I don't mean to be negative this bikes looks good. Just that I think the loud white eve logo on the wheels and stem take away from the centerpiece (i.e. the frame). Not a big deal really :D

If I remove the logos they will show the outline. I might be able to get black on black but then I'd also want to go with a black saddle and tape. If you look at Pina site they have a red f8 with loud Boras so I am ok with the look for now.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

he wheels I'm building are logoless... They are 60mm carbon hoops with Sapin CX- Ray spokes and Carbon hubs with Red spoke carrier. I built up the same Spec F8 (they use the 54cm weight) on Wrenchscience and it came out to 6.75g I have a 53cm frame coming. I'm pretty happy with that number.

mimason

by mimason

You will likely come in just north of 15 lbs unless those hoops are tubular. What pedals?

davidalone

by davidalone

That is going to look sick.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

The wheels are clinchers, they are much easier because of debri on the coastal routes. The pedals will be my Look KEO Blade 2 Ti. WS calculated 14.9lbs so just north of 15lbs is acceptable. How much does yours weigh with Di2?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

It was 15lb 5oz but should be less now since the steerer tube was cut and spacers eliminated.