Red and Carbon Black Pinarello F8 Campag Record pics added

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I ordered this Pinarello F8 in 53cm and a set of 60mm custom wheels in matte carbon with red hubs black skewers and red nipples. I'm building it with 2015 Campy Record 11 and I have a Sella SMP Full Carbon seat. But I need help with matching the other accessories colors and brands.

ImagePinarello-Dogma-F8-952-Frameset by Glory Cycles, on Flickr

Carbon Italian parts from Campagnolo and SMP ready to go! I just need my frame, wheels, handlebar, stem etc...
Last edited by BlackMadone on Wed May 13, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Black tires... I really like my Michelin Pro4 Service course... they have a lot of volume and are nice and supple.

I think the 3T LTD bar and stem would go nicely on the bike - their glossy carbon finish will match the frame/fork. Whichever LTD series bar shape you like.

Black bar tape, Lizard skins, or Arundel Gecko grip.

Sounds like you have everything else...?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Dogma = Most Integrated Handlebar. Period. And it matches the colors. Some gumwalls and and lizardskins in black. Boom!

jimborello

by jimborello

Which hubs did you order??? If they are red anodized you are going to have a hard time matching them to the frameset, Ive tried before matching red painted parts with red anodized parts and they always have different reds. Even when matching red anodized parts from different brands the color is never the same.

LionelB

by LionelB

+1 on the MOST integrated bar. Assuming you know precisely the one you need it is a great combo.

mimason

by mimason

+1 on the red hubs comment. Red hubs and the Dogma red are going to be very different. You may be ok with nipples but I'd also nix that too. As far as other component integration I went all ENVE for the bar, stem and wheels for my F8 build. Arundle make some great bottle cages in matte, gloss and carbon weave. The shop owner has this same frame you have and he is running blackburn cages that look good too. Again, the Pina Red is hard to match so you may want to avoid trying in favor of white or black. I have seen some Fizik tape that look like my the red on mine though.
f8 red skewers.jpg

The pic is my F8 when it was being built up(using temp components). See the red skewers? That is why I would not do red hubs.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I'd have to say that keeping the rest of the bike as close to black will probably be the most ideal as you will want the frame to stick out as much as possible....A nice frame like that deserves all the attention it can get...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

survivor

by survivor

Building up my Pinarello F8 as well. Will be following this topic closely... :D

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

jimborello wrote:Which hubs did you order??? If they are red anodized you are going to have a hard time matching them to the frameset, Ive tried before matching red painted parts with red anodized parts and they always have different reds. Even when matching red anodized parts from different brands the color is never the same.

Thanks for the heads up on the anodized hubs but they are already ordered hopefully they won't look too bad :-( ... Should I go with a black carbon head and stem or white? The MOST one piece is on my list same with 3T and FSA.

davidalone

by davidalone

Go with a black stem. the stem should match the seatpost for best results. Black bar tape, as well. some red detailing on the stem may be nice, but all black is good too.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I've decided to go with the 3T ARX LTD Stem in 120mm and AERONOVA LTD handlebar. My Campy Record components should be here anyday now!

survivor

by survivor

Not considering any components from ENVE? They seem to match the bike pretty well. That's what I have shortlisted for my F8 build.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

survivor wrote:Not considering any components from ENVE? They seem to match the bike pretty well. That's what I have shortlisted for my F8 build.

I actually spent an hour comparing Enve to 3T before making my final choice.

survivor

by survivor

BlackMadone wrote:
survivor wrote:Not considering any components from ENVE? They seem to match the bike pretty well. That's what I have shortlisted for my F8 build.

I actually spent an hour comparing Enve to 3T before making my final choice.

What swing you to the 3T?

mimason

by mimason

I used to have 3T on another bike. Nice stuff but moved away from 3T due to the reach and drop(on bars) to something with less reach. It was entirely fit related for me. Enve stems only come in 6 degrees so that may limit some from going that direction. I actually prefer -10 degree stems but was able to get the ENVE to work with a spacer adjustment below stem. I've had great dealings with ENVE(warranty coverage on a rim no questions asked - not safety related issue) and like the products. Also choosing components that my local shop deals with or I know the rep was important to me so that I get the absolute best service and support.

EDIT : I didn't like that you hit your wrists with 3T bars when in the drops sprinting. Shimano and the Enves are better at this. Shimano Vibe was the best bar I've ever used.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com