Campagnolo Record over Shimano DA or should I have gotten SR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I just purchased Campagnolo Record Mech for $100 more than what they were selling Shimano Dura Ace 9000. DA is probably the best functioning Group while the Campy Groups have a nicer aesthetic appeal. I would have went for SR because of the CULT Ceramic bearings but I still need to get wheels, stem, and bar. Record uses USB Ceramics but I have read they aren't any more efficient over DA steel bearings? So, my question is should have I bought Record with USB Ceramic bearings and because I like the aesthetics more or just went for DA because it considered the best performing mech group?

Secondly I'm also looking at resale value... Considering the frames are the same with the same amount of miles would you consider the frame with Record or DA?

Jcgill

by Jcgill

Sounds like you got a good deal on record for only 100 more than DA.
I think you made the right call, i like both campy and shimano. I would have gotten the record also if it were only a little more than DA.

As for resale, you would probably see more money selling the group and frame seperate. Too hard to sell complete, a person who fits your frame might not be a fan of the group and someone who loves thegroup might not fit the frame you have it on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I don't know if i would even think of second hand value at this point. Just a few days ago they sold a boxed new 2015 Super Record groupset at Ebay in Germany. It went for just over 1000 Euro.
That is a steep loss of 1000 Euro for a boxed set. I would just buy what i want if i can afford it. Just built my second bike and i bought Sti 9001, DA RD and FD, EE brakes and a Rotor crank with Q-rings.
Rather that for me than Campa. But that is just me.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Super record feels the same as record. Got super record rs and it lovely but i am not sure i would buy it again. Alot of extra cash for litlle benefit over record or chorus.

Dowks

by Dowks

+1

having had both SR and R EPS I would go for R again