Looking for advise on Cannondale EVO frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeLuz

by DeLuz

tinozee wrote:You will enjoy it. Fyi I saw REI has the evo ultegra for 2999.

This is another good option, with the dividend its only $100 more than the other deal I found.
The only color available now is black, I don't really care for it but it won't stop me from buying the bike.
My Tarmac is ugly too probably worse than this.
Too bad they can't up with something better, like a Pegoretti.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 573

superdx wrote:For that color scheme, it does come in mechanical but it was sold as a full bike (SRAM RED) and not a frameset. The frameset is electronic for that color. There's also something metallic on the left chanstay, I have a Di2 frame for the same model year and there's nothing like it on mine.

The mechanical frame is similar, but actually different - easiest way to spot is the 'EVO' writing on the top-tube is red on the mechanical (SRAM Red) frame. The colour-way in the listing is for the Di2 frameset.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I am from SoCal; living on the east coast at the moment. Trekbikesuperstore probably still has some closeouts avail. few shops in the San Diego area. Check them out to see if they have your size. :)
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

DeLuz

by DeLuz

nobuseri wrote:I am from SoCal; living on the east coast at the moment. Trekbikesuperstore probably still has some closeouts avail. few shops in the San Diego area. Check them out to see if they have your size. :)

I did try Trek but they didn't have any in stock. Didn't seem like they are really interested in selling Cannondale and they seem to be almost like a Performance bike shop.
The cheapest price is at Bikecology in Torrance but they only have the Black / grey color which is too boring for me.
I found one at Helen's in Santa Monica with the team colors, they couldn't meet Bikeology's price so I am paying $150 more for it.
Will be picking it up Saturday, then disassembling to sell the parts on Ebay.

nibby

by nibby

Hi, did you get the Cannondale?

I'm interested as I'm in a similar position in that I am looking for a new bike and have decided on either the Supersix Hi-mod or the S-Works Tarmac

I have tried the supersix hi-mod and it feels really good but haven't and wont get a chance to test the S-works.

People I ask about the Cannondale say get the hi-mod as it's more responsive etc etc but not sure if that's just sale talk :)

cheers

I

sharkman

by sharkman

Just sales talk, I can assure you most riders won't even notice the difference between a Hi-Mod and a regular frameset.
Both the cannondale and the S-Works (SL5) are good framesets but a different geometrie so pick what suits you best.

nibby

by nibby

thought so...:)

got a back to back test on both in a few weeks so can decide then re sizing/Geo I prefer although I think I can pickup a supersix a lot cheaper so that might swing it if both are similar.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

Deluz, check our Roy's:
http://roysbikes.com/

Ask them if they have your size in stock and if they're willing to ship. Was there a couple of months back and they offered the Hi-Mod frameset to me for $1700, they had a couple in stock at that time.

A side note, possible redesign Evo for this up coming TDF, so you might be in the same situation with your SL3 and the SL4.

nobuseri

by nobuseri

DeLuz wrote:
nobuseri wrote:I am from SoCal; living on the east coast at the moment. Trekbikesuperstore probably still has some closeouts avail. few shops in the San Diego area. Check them out to see if they have your size. :)

I did try Trek but they didn't have any in stock. Didn't seem like they are really interested in selling Cannondale and they seem to be almost like a Performance bike shop.
The cheapest price is at Bikecology in Torrance but they only have the Black / grey color which is too boring for me.
I found one at Helen's in Santa Monica with the team colors, they couldn't meet Bikeology's price so I am paying $150 more for it.
Will be picking it up Saturday, then disassembling to sell the parts on Ebay.

Sounds good! I have a '13 team (Liquigas) color, as well. Let us know how you like it (pics?) :thumbup:
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

H0RSE

by H0RSE

The SL3 is still not a bad frame.
If you're going for an Evo, the Hi-Mod is the one to get.

nibby

by nibby

Was going to pull the plug on a hi-mod but keep reading about them bringing out a new bike next year, not in a massive rush for a new bike so can wait but not sure it will get any better than the current ss - the option to run mech and di2 might be useful though for when the di2 drops in price.

wingguy

by wingguy

Only a couple of months before the Evo 2 is announced, at which point current Hi-Mods will drop in price. That said, some model/sizes are already sold out, so if you had a particular spec in mind it's a gamble to wait.

phlip

by phlip

sharkman wrote:Just sales talk, I can assure you most riders won't even notice the difference between a Hi-Mod and a regular frameset.

H0RSE wrote:If you're going for an Evo, the Hi-Mod is the one to get.

More opinions whether the Hi-Mod is a noticeably better frame than the regular Evo? And how does it compare with the CAAD10?

nibby

by nibby

wingguy wrote:Only a couple of months before the Evo 2 is announced, at which point current Hi-Mods will drop in price. That said, some model/sizes are already sold out, so if you had a particular spec in mind it's a gamble to wait.

That's what I'm seeing, got the chance of over £500 off the list price but have to decide pretty sharpish or wait and take the chance but my size 52 seems to sell pretty quick.

will probably wait until I see what they offer in 2016 though as I'm in no massive rush

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com