Ritte Cycles, any feedback?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I'll think you will find the OP was looking for feedback on the product (e.g. How it rides!) not on whether people liked their business model.

So back on topic, I have a friend who owns an original bosberg and is delighted with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

OP here, wow. That exploded. I literally have an S-Works Tarmac 2015 on the way, (its delayed) but I want something different. I've ridden a ton of different frames but I know real world performance there isn't much between them. I wanted something cool, looks good. Something to be proud of. Ritte seem like they're a sweet company, I've never heard anything bad about their customer service IF something goes wrong. I'm sure Grill will say I'm a big boy and can spend my money how I please, which is true, good point Grill.

Anyone who thinks small companies buying frames made by other people are screwing over customers are deluded. How much does a Trek Madone, Specialized Tarmac etc frame cost those big companies? Probably under $100 a piece (massive, massive volume).

Lets support the small guys, they're the normal people in this world.

I'm now torn between Ritte or Neil Pryde.

Thanks for your help, kudos for your comments Spencer, you guys are doing a wicked job. Thanks for being in the industry!

polar ben

by polar ben

Happy Ritte customer (and Vlaanderen owner) here. It's my favourite bike yet (I've been riding/racing for 20 years) and I came to this frame after a Scott CR1 and two Cannondale SuperSixes. Stiff, light, looks great, rides great, and I love Ritte's tongue-in-cheek marketing.

(Apologies for the Instagram photo, bidons, wheel logos not the same position etc etc)

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

looks cool, not feeling the gold chain or the turnt up bars. Good bike doe.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Nice bike polar ben...

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I'm OK as long as they don't trademark the 'Vlaanderen' or 'Bosberg' (remember specialized 'Roubaix')!

kgt

by kgt

I wonder how this handlebar/shifters position works for you. It's maybe my mistake but it looks like you never ride on the drops...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I highly doubt you can reach the brake levers when on those drops!
Even for a big guy, and I doubt you have big hands!

polar ben

by polar ben

Cue the usual Weightweenies armchair bike fit advice :lol:

Bars were turned up slightly for a 312km ride (Mallorca 312 - this was taken the night before after unpacking/building my bike) but I ride in the drops all the time thanks, and had no problems reaching the brake levers from the drops that day, with about 4,000m of descent...

spookyload

by spookyload

I heard Ritte is a shadow company of Lance Armstrong. Now...everyone can pile on with real hate and angst.

Just kidding of course. I like their paint. I imagine their bikes would get me through my training routes just fine too. I applaud the small fish in a big pond, so bravo Spencer. I am pretty sure Pegoretti and Strong don't have engineers designing their frames and they are two of the top custom builders. Take your shots at their craftsmanship and design next.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

spookyload wrote: I am pretty sure Pegoretti and Strong don't have engineers designing their frames and they are two of the top custom builders. Take your shots at their craftsmanship and design next.

1) They cater for a different market, and I get the feeling with steel tubing the only thing that matters is the geometry (the thickness of the steel tubes is determined by what tubeset you buy etc.), which they can get from their experience rather than from engineers. Carbon you've got to spec thickness, modulus, and resin mixes, and if you want high performance you'll also need to consider stiffness, weight and aerodynamics. If you're building with a steel tubesets what matters is how you join the tubes, and at what angles, and that will come more from experience rather than engineering. They'll be good bikes for different reasons (eg custom geometry).

You're confusing issues here. Good engineering won't necessarily result in good craftsmanship.
Last edited by istigatrice on Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

kgt

by kgt

Just a friendly armchair bike fit advice polar ben.
Try to rotate your handlebars clockwise 20-30 degree. I think you will prefer it that way...

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

The issue of Peloton has what I would consider a rave review of the Ace. And they directly address the open mold thing. Worth reading.

spookyload

by spookyload

istigatrice wrote:
spookyload wrote: I am pretty sure Pegoretti and Strong don't have engineers designing their frames and they are two of the top custom builders. Take your shots at their craftsmanship and design next.

1) They cater for a different market, and I get the feeling with steel tubing the only thing that matters is the geometry (the thickness of the steel tubes is determined by what tubeset you buy etc.), which they can get from their experience rather than from engineers. Carbon you've got to spec thickness, modulus, and resin mixes, and if you want high performance you'll also need to consider stiffness, weight and aerodynamics. If you're building with a steel tubesets what matters is how you join the tubes, and at what angles, and that will come more from experience rather than engineering. They'll be good bikes for different reasons (eg custom geometry).

You're confusing issues here. Good engineering won't necessarily result in good craftsmanship.

So you are implying the whole handmade bike show is all a bunch of bikes that likely ride the same, since they are prefabbed tubes simply welded together? The only difference in ride quality is based on geometry in your opinion. In your opinion, all 853 bikes that have the same geometry ride the same.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

polar ben wrote:Cue the usual Weightweenies armchair bike fit advice :lol:

Bars were turned up slightly for a 312km ride (Mallorca 312 - this was taken the night before after unpacking/building my bike) but I ride in the drops all the time thanks, and had no problems reaching the brake levers from the drops that day, with about 4,000m of descent...

Obviously I'm in a chair when hanging on WW, does it mean I don't ride?

Sounds like a cool ride but no need to show the muscles lol.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com