Ritte Cycles, any feedback?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

spookyload wrote:So you are implying the whole handmade bike show is all a bunch of bikes that likely ride the same, since they are prefabbed tubes simply welded together? The only difference in ride quality is based on geometry in your opinion. In your opinion, all 853 bikes that have the same geometry ride the same.

I doubt they'd even need to have the same tubing to feel similar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

spookyload wrote:So you are implying the whole handmade bike show is all a bunch of bikes that likely ride the same, since they are prefabbed tubes simply welded together? The only difference in ride quality is based on geometry in your opinion. In your opinion, all 853 bikes that have the same geometry ride the same.

Yes and no, geometry plays a large role in the handling of the bike, there are obviously other subtle features, some which come with experience rather than engineering.

I was merely pointing out that you're confusing issues (which you still are), I was using a simplified example to aid my explanation.

My opinion is: If everything is constant, they'll ride the same. Logical, yes?

I'm saying with steel bikes, what's limiting the ride quality (with the custom frame builders at least anyway) isn't the engineering behind the tube sets but the application of the engineering. The ride of a carbon frame is much more limited by things like material, resin, shape, etc. choice , something a good engineer would be able to make reasonable suggestions for.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

polar ben

by polar ben

kgt wrote:Just a friendly armchair bike fit advice polar ben.
Try to rotate your handlebars clockwise 20-30 degree. I think you will prefer it that way...

Thanks, but as I said, I turned the bars up slightly for this particularly long ride; they're usually a bit lower. A quick search reveals I'm not alone in preferring high shifters and 'rotated' bars for certain (longer, bumpier) races:

Wiggins:

Kirsipuu:

Devolder:

:beerchug:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

and all of those look terrible also.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

You forgot the best known :mrgreen:

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i mean ritte has cool styling. This bike albeit the gold chain is sweet. They also have cool tumblr ads. Their shop build bikes look way better than some hyper bikes i've seen that are built horribly. But hyper bikes can be built gud too.

micky

by micky

I think we all agree that their paintjobs are among the best on the market.
About everything else, we all have our own opinions. :mrgreen:

Roel W

by Roel W

That pump is destroying the whole bike.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Actually I had not seen the pump with the hi-viz paint and the silver wall

tomevental

by tomevental

Ritte is okay, I rather ride them then many other mass market frames even if they are open mold frames.

TMz

by TMz

tomevental wrote:Ritte is okay, I rather ride them then many other mass market frames even if they are open mold frames.

Didn't read the thread...?

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

wow I would buy that blue and neon bike instantly......to bad they didn't go down that route.

I think it looks amazing. I have zero issues with rebranding open mould frames as long as you use your own brand and not pinarellos etc.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

liam7020

by liam7020

+1 on that
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen