Bontrager Classique

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lllauderman

by lllauderman

Does anybody out there have any experience with the Bontrager Classique shoes? Also, are lace up shoes a good thing?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

I have a pair. Fit is the same as my RXXXL which is what I wanted (I had Giro Empires until they were released). Laces are the only way to go. Once you figure out how to tighten them best for each foot, they're fit and forget.

benzebub

by benzebub

just bought a pair of these shoes last week.
only have about 120km on them (got hit with the flu this weekend :() but I like 'em so far.

comfortable, the last fits me good. I the toebox is just a tad bit too roomy for me, I bought a size 46 (13US) but could've gone with a 45,5 I think but the Belgian distributor doesn't stock half sizes. I'm coming from Northwave Torpedo SRS shoes in size 46 which were on the tight size for me.
I have a rather high instep so the laces are perfect for my foot.
the sole is pretty stiff, stiffer than the one on my Northwaves. the power transfer feels better on these shoes than on the Torpedos.
The sole on the Classique's allow me to attach my cleats further backwards, which I like, which could also have an effect on power transfer.

one drawback (so far): the laces. they feel flimsy and I immediately swapped them out for flat laces I took from some sneakers I had. They feel much more firm.
But I could be wrong