Direct-mount brakes for 25mm wide wheels?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Hm... The 9010 brakes I had came with pad shoes that have the screws situated at the front end, avoiding the placement of the retaining screw within the fork.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'm riding some 303's now, and the new Aeolus 5's are 27mm. I think you've got a setup issue going on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

Sorry for the necro-bump but..

how the hell does anyone get clearance out of these things (BR-9010)? I can get away with it with my 24mm hoops but here's what my 25mm hoops look like with the cable completely undone, QR open, adjustment nut open, and a few mm of the brake pads chopped off...

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Dura Ace br9010 has maximum tire size of 25mm and you seem to have Continental tires which are bigger than they are marked.
http://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-BR0003-08-ENG.pdf

Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

bilwit

by bilwit

The pads in the pic are up against the rim.. seems odd that these things could barely fit 24mm rims with everything open let alone 25mm rims..

EDIT: I think I got it sorted.. I had to undo the center adjusting bolt so that it was shifted all the way to the right which gave more clearance to fit the brakeshoe so that it was flush with the fork (also had to get it as forward as possible), then shift it back to center.. still a tight fit with QR/everything open but manageable.