Stelbel - steel is real

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ihs0yz

by ihs0yz

That's a real looker. I think I have a soft spot for bikes actually made out of reasonably sized tubes in the madness of all the aero frames around now.
And that chainstay, wonder if it'll be tough on the derriere?

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

The seat stays are skinny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stanseven

by stanseven

Some builders use thin chain stays for comfort, especially with oversized or extra diff bb and chainstays. It's almost something one would need to test ride to see if they like. With small builders like this, that's nearly impossible.

benzebub

by benzebub

does anyone have any experience riding one of these? they look very promising and might order one this year but it's hard to fine reviews of these bikes.
But I could be wrong

rms13

by rms13

I like the internal routing (I may be in the minority that prefer it). But I hate the oversized tubes. If I am going to ride steel I want something with a classic thin tube, level top tube.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I believe you are also paying for the Stelbel name - who was a well respected builder in his day.

It is a nice looking frame, but when you get close to 2K Euro you might consider "real-deal" builders who are very much still in the business. Quite a few out there, but as an example: http://bixxis.com/en/ (Doriano De Rosa).
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

benzebub

by benzebub

Powerful Pete wrote:I believe you are also paying for the Stelbel name - who was a well respected builder in his day.

It is a nice looking frame, but when you get close to 2K Euro you might consider "real-deal" builders who are very much still in the business. Quite a few out there, but as an example: http://bixxis.com/en/ (Doriano De Rosa).

well, their prices seem fair compared to some other builders around here.. the designs also look good.

but, ofcourse, I'm always interested in some high quality but lesser known builders that can make a great bike for less money, so if you know of any I would love to hear it! I will check bixxis for sure!
But I could be wrong

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

My Gravel Grey SB/03 with Cherry Red details, mounted with a complete Campagnolo Super Record groupset, with custom-painted PMP Bike and Deda Elementi stem. I'm gonna ride this beauty this coming weekend. Stay Tuned !
Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!13901510_603287473166002_3286776135214256348_n.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!13886452_1225342927498342_2451899862021626761_n.jpg

AZR3

by AZR3

Wow, and let me say that again...WOW! That is perfection on wheels! Love the color, love the components, love the wheels, love the complete look of your bike.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Re: BIXXIS - The name is horrible. It just sounds cheap.
I understand that it is an acronym for "Biciclette Italiane per il XXI Secolo", but BIXXIS just looks like a brand you would find in Walmart. With a DeRosa pedigree, I am certain the frame is wonderful, but ditch the name, Doriano. There is zero Italian flare in this branding.

These Stelbels are very appealing understated frames.

kgt

by kgt

This grey stelbel is amazing!

mattyNor

by mattyNor

I have a custom cross bike based on their Nina in process, will update when it shows up but so far their communication has been excellent and they have been willing to make all the changes I requested.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Love the Stelbel's, the broad chainstays and all the clean lines...

kulcha

by kulcha

InoxEPS wrote:My Gravel Grey SB/03 with Cherry Red details, mounted with a complete Campagnolo Super Record groupset, with custom-painted PMP Bike and Deda Elementi stem. I'm gonna ride this beauty this coming weekend. Stay Tuned !

congratulations on your new acquisition :beerchug:

subscribed!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDomestique

by SuperDomestique

Got a Rodano in production. Super excited.

That grey SB03 is epic.