New Scott Foil 2016?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

KWalker wrote:I'd ride one if it were free, but it seriously lacks in finishing and innovation compared to the Madone 9, Venge, etc.

I actually like recent high end Scott paint schemes, including the new Foils, but I agree that nothing special from innovation side here. Surely Madone and Venge are bringing home more of a "omg, didn't think about this" type of bacon.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MRM

by MRM

Compared to Venge ViAS and Madone 9 the overall (cable) integration seems to be much more of a half measure. Seems weird to go in that direction and not go all the way like the other two (complete brake integration instead of just rear brake, no cables showing etc.)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

been working on it for 2 years.. probably was a little late in the design process to go back to the drawing board for the brakes...
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

arthurf

by arthurf

MRM wrote:Compared to Venge ViAS and Madone 9 the overall (cable) integration seems to be much more of a half measure. Seems weird to go in that direction and not go all the way like the other two (complete brake integration instead of just rear brake, no cables showing etc.)

Their reasoning was that they couldn't detect any additional drag from externally routed cables when compared to fully integrated cables but that external cabling is easier to work on and maintain.

I'm a bit disappointed that the new foil isn't a bit more radical like the Venge or Madone, it seems more like a BMW/Audi style face lift as opposed to a completely new bike like the others. I'm still considering the change to the new team issue frame set when it becomes available as it does look awesome in the black and green!

KWalker

by KWalker

Its not like Scott has really ever pushed the envelope aside from the original Addict (in the weight dept at the time).

What I'm not keen on is the Syncros components.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

Agreed, I'm not over keen on the Syncros compost too - lets see what Orica and IAM are using in way of competency for the TDF. I think I'll get the Frameset whatever. I'd have gone for the Team Issue if it had been Di2.

arthurf

by arthurf

p3dalfaster wrote:Agreed, I'm not over keen on the Syncros compost too - lets see what Orica and IAM are using in way of competency for the TDF

They're not on Syncros due to other sponsorship commitments. Pro for Orica and Ritchey for IAM I believe

p3dalfaster

by p3dalfaster

Yeah that's true - the PRO stem they were using the other week on the prototype looked seriously ugly - probably detracts from the whole point of being aero too :)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Personally i prefer less of the integrated stuff. I wouldn't like to be forced to buy only Spesh or Trek parts.
If some of these parts prove not to our liking, you're still forced to use them.
Also guess Foil 2 and Madone 9 offer more comfort than Venge Vias.
Actually sold me Foil due to lack of comfort, but this one catch my interest.
I think i would go for it if i hadn't Vial EVO D.
I think the weight given, is with the rear brake included.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

There have been a few companies that have openly stated front brake integration doesn't really do much for aero.

That being said visually there is something to a front end being clean, and I'm not super keen on routing wires through the down tube. But I realize the breaks are BB mounted so it makes more sense to run them that way. Either way, I dig the bike. Nice looking paint jobs too, or lack there of. I hope they make that crazy logo'd version available with all the little logos all over.
Just ride ..

ophiravina

by ophiravina

after my s-works tarmac frame got broken I orderd the new foil from the scott dealer and he added it to a big order that he made for 2016 bikes. the shipment and most of the bikes came at the end of september but there were no foil's in there, only addict's, plasma's and MTB's. apperently, scott stopped the production of the new frames becouse of a recall. The dealer told me that scott doesn't know when the new foil frame will be ready and that I shouldn't count on it being soon :cry: maybe around january...
I will probably buy an addict to replace my tarmac with as I need a road bike to ride on but I'm a bit dissapointed becouse I got all excited about the new foil.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Interesting. Local Scott dealer says they already have several new Foils in the warehouse now.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Grill

by Grill

Source for alleged recall?

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Didn't he say his dealer was the source?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com