Shimano E-tube connection

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ironman1

by ironman1

Downloaded latest software 2.9 for Dura Ace 9070 from their website. Then plugged in BcR2 and that installed correctly. When I try to run the e-tube update the e tube box opens and says connection request, connect Bcr2 cable. When I connect nothing happens. If I hit exit it closes the program ,any other key does nothing. I know the connection is good to 3 port junction box because the charge light will come on briefly. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong ?

strangely

by strangely

Is the BCR2 driver installed correctly? Have you also tried a different USB cable? I've had cables before where there's been power but no data.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

just wondering if you are using a mac and somekind of windows emulation... I've had that happen with a macbook and parallels software
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

glepore

by glepore

If the battery "installed" however, that means that everything was communicating-in other words, you can plug everything into e-tube and see the various components? Is everything on the same firmware version? It is perhaps possible that the download is corrupt, have you tried redownloading 2.9?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ironman1

by ironman1

Running windows 7. Downloaded e-tube 2.9 directly from Shimano website. First time had bcr2 connected and found that can lead to errors. Completely uninstalled and re-installed 239 software with bcr2 dis-connected. Then connected bcr2 and message came up that it installed correctly. Cannot get out of screen that states I need to connect bcr2. I don't think the cable is bad since it charges and computer linked when I installed the bcr2 cable.

Quattroporte

by Quattroporte

I had the same experience in Windows 8. Device manger said the interface was working correctly but the e-tube software wouldn't recognize it. I re-installed the driver and re-booted and it has been working fine since then.

dha

by dha

Had similar issues on my mac with parallels, it appeared to be one of the USB ports it didn't like.

droid1973

by droid1973

Have you been able to update?

ironman1

by ironman1

Update, 2 installs and un-installs and still no luck on windows 7. Downloaded software on different computer with windows xp. Took download but when I went to connect to bike was told bcr2 needed updating , next screen says connection made and no update needed , next screen unplug and re-plug. Sequence starts all over.
Called Shimano customer support and was told nothing was wrong with bcr2 , sometimes they work and sometimes they don't , just take it to a shop and have it done. After venting my frustration was told Shimano was aware and basically learn to live with it..

Tried one more time on first computer (windows 7) and everything worked, well almost, loaded and updated bcr2 and connected to bike, Connection check is fine but screen does not let me go into customizing. Went to pre-set and tried to change direction of shifting paddles, does nothing. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to do something else to get into customization ?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I thought you needed pce1 or whatever to do the fancier stuff???

goodboyr

by goodboyr

The only thing that it will do extra is diagnostic functions. Everything else (firmware upgrade, customization of buttons and shifting speed, etc) can be done by the charger.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ thanks ... Have one , just lazy to use it because I just use the charger.