2016 Giant TCR?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rick222

by rick222

F45 wrote:In view of their past shenanigans, I only trust 3rd party data regarding Giant. "Giant claims".....my eyes glaze over. I simply don't believe a word they release.

"past shenanigans" you must be referring to Specialized

peted76

by peted76

Quote " The next setup down is the Advanced Pro line with the frames made from Giant’s second-level composite formula, called simply Advanced. These models have adjustable Variant seatposts, as opposed to ISPs. Each adjustable post comes with a cap at the seat tube/top tube junction to keep the lines neat. Rounding out the line are the TCR Advanced models, which are made from the same composite as the Advanced Pros. Each Advanced model comes with an hybrid OverDrive steerer. "

So this says to me there are two specs of Frame 1) Advanced SL and 2) Everything else.

Can anyone look to confirm this?
Also any news on how the 'fork' will differ across models?

I'm a little disappointed that the TCR has lost it's seatpost cutout.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

peted76

by peted76

Ah ha.. it appears I've answered my own question..

All models and specs here - http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/2 ... hed/spec-2

wingguy

by wingguy

peted76 wrote:Also any news on how the 'fork' will differ across models?.

Same as this year, advanced has alu steerer 1.25" - 1.125"
advanced pro carbon steerer 1.5" - 1.25"
Advanced SL lighter than pro.

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Interesting geometry changes. Lower and longer across the board. Not sure why that was necessary. They steepened up the SA half a degree on the m/l and l and shortened the headtube, with the same ETT, yet the wheelbase is 1.1cm longer?
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

jeffy

by jeffy

where does it say there has been geo changes?

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Jeffy - I didnt read it anywhere but you can look at the geo chart posted above or on roadbike review and compare. I wonder if the new geo was mentioned at the launch as I dont recall reading about it. Unfortunately Giant hasnt released any info to dealers yet so I only know as much as the rest of us. I sell Giants so I know the geometry of most models by heart and spotted the changes straight away.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

jeffy

by jeffy

yep. ~ 1cm lower stack depending on size

wingguy

by wingguy

Given the lack of -17 stems available for OD2 going lower is a good thing.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Those Giants really start to look outdated, even the new model

peted76

by peted76

I can't see a wheelbase change on the models. Only difference I can see on geometry is Head Angle, Seat Angle, Toptubes for some sizes and Headtubes for all apart from the L & XL sizes.

I personally have no idea what that will mean to fit but as Stack and Reach don't change I guess, not a lot?

Pleased about the headtube getting lower, only 5mm but that's probably all I could manage :)

Could these measurement changes just be down to thinner tubes?

..I don't think they are looking outdated, but I do think by losing the seat tube cutout they are losing their 'distinctiveness' to spot in a herd of other bikes.

stoney

by stoney

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Those Giants really start to look outdated, even the new model

I agree!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Hell, even the Propel looks old

I don't know, the TCR is a simple design, as the Cervelo R5 or the Canyon Ultimate (not the new one which look gorgeous btw) but for some reason it looks quite old. They're not good at paint schemes, that might be a reason.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I agree with Samuel.

The rear-wheel cutouts made the Giant's a bit more fancy and unique. It never looked light but the emphasis is more on aero now.

It's always been a bit of a Toyota / VW kind of brand so I'm sad to see that feature go. I've got no doubt the new bikes will get the job done well, I'm curious about the wheels too. Very stealthy and an interesting coating. Does anyone know if these are DT Swiss as well?
Ride it like you stole it

wingguy

by wingguy

peted76 wrote:I can't see a wheelbase change on the models. Only difference I can see on geometry is Head Angle, Seat Angle, Toptubes for some sizes and Headtubes for all apart from the L & XL sizes.

I personally have no idea what that will mean to fit but as Stack and Reach don't change I guess, not a lot?

You must be looking at the wrong charts. Stack and reach change on all sizes, wheelbase changes on all but XL.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com