2016 Giant TCR?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chayanat

by chayanat

nice color schemes here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Super Brad

by Super Brad

Giant have really cheapened the look of their bikes with that new logo and paint schemes.
To me, this doesn't look like a higher end bike.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

giant need to stop doing ISP and BMX bike sloping TTs. ugh.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I think the paint scheme looks awesome, just not a big fan of the new logo design.

kgt

by kgt

Giants always look better in the flesh but I agree they can do much better than that. The logo is not great either.

jeffy

by jeffy

well i would guess that the TCR Adv Pro Frameset will sell well

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

^ Yep, that's the one for me...

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

So they changed geo but didn't fix the odd size progression (big reach jump from M to ML - right in the zone that most riders need)
With their size it's a shame they don't adopt an approach like Trek H1/2/3

jeffy

by jeffy

wonder if the geo of a new propel will change.
i suspect the geo change on the TCR is *perhaps* a consequence of their frame redesign,
complete speculation of course - but it is a little surprising that 'loyal' TCR user might/would have to rethink "new model upgrade"

wingguy

by wingguy

cyclenutnz wrote:So they changed geo but didn't fix the odd size progression (big reach jump from M to ML - right in the zone that most riders need)

That's bizarre. I wonder if it's even a typo - 39.8 instead of say 39.3 or something like that... :noidea:

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

I ride giant bikes and have always been between M and M/L. It looks like it is going to be even worse with this new TCR. I'll be on a Medium with a 140mm stem I think.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

@wingguy - probably not a typo, Giant are good at a lot of things but sizing has never been one of them

@caferacer - are you in between sizes for reach or stack? The new ML could be good for you if the old one was too tall - new ML with a 120mm stem could be a goer. What is the setup (stem/spacers) on your current bike?

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

I think I should probably be between a M and an ML too, officially. Unofficially I ride the ML (a 2011) with a short (80mm) stem and it works for me. Giant always seem to fit bars for gorillas too - I think the ones that come on the M/L are 42 or 44 cm with a two-storey drop - first thing to go...

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

cyclenutnz wrote:@wingguy - probably not a typo, Giant are good at a lot of things but sizing has never been one of them

@caferacer - are you in between sizes for reach or stack? The new ML could be good for you if the old one was too tall - new ML with a 120mm stem could be a goer. What is the setup (stem/spacers) on your current bike?

Hi mate, I am on a M/L Propel right now with a 120mm stem that is slammed and still is a bit high. So it's mainly a stack issue, although I do prefer the handling of bikes with a 130/140 stem as opposed to the current 120 (although I have got used to this over time).

A 56 tarmac SL4 fits me like a glove as does a 56 cannondale evo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

CAFERACER wrote:Hi mate, I am on a M/L Propel right now with a 120mm stem that is slammed and still is a bit high. So it's mainly a stack issue, although I do prefer the handling of bikes with a 130/140 stem as opposed to the current 120 (although I have got used to this over time).

A 56 tarmac SL4 fits me like a glove as does a 56 cannondale evo.

caferacer.PNG

Those options would require finding a -6 angled 1.25 stem, though that is getting easier now. (assuming you are using the stock -8 stem)

The new TCR ML is within a couple of mm of being exactly the same Frame XY as Supersix Evo and Tarmac SL4. So for you the changes are good.

@patchsurfer - how many spacers under the stem and what bars are you using?