Scott Foil? Who owns one?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

onlinebikeshop

by onlinebikeshop

By far the best bike I have ever owned. It really is the best of both worlds.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Not saying it isn't a great all around bike, I've owned one for 3+ years now. I can ride the thing 3+hrs race pace 70 miles no problem, and have. Bike saddle becomes more an an issue than the frame. But, it's when the road surface becomes rough and inconsistent, it goes from ectasy to agony, like riding on cobbles, in seconds. That wears on you over time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ohhyeok90

by ohhyeok90

new foil released.

old foil is uncomfortable people says

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

^Yes, would love to get a new Foil frame. But I can imagine, it is going to be a $4k proposition for the Foil Premium, and I run Di2 with a Foil 15. Impossible to find a Premium on the old version in a 54cm as it is...can imagine it won't be any better for at least a year until people starting buying them, and realize, I don't really need/want a bike, then snap it up off eBay.

Will see, haven't seen/found pricing. Usually Scott support/customer service says to call a local dealer, and they will just tell you the frameset price, which is always the retail.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

The Scott Foil 10 2016 frameset cost 2349 euro.

Sent from my type writer

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

I like mine! ...of near two years now. I love the quick handling of Scott race bike's and for that reason I have just picked up an '14 addict to add to the stable as my climbing/training machine. Foil always feels fast with carbon rims and a skinny on, least vs. the older s-works tarmac SL3 I had FWIW

Peter_E

by Peter_E

I like mine too. As you said a good allrounder. Easily builds light if you want. Here is mine with training wheels (HMF frame). Red group, Da 9000 c24 wheels etc. 6.9 kilos with heavy Ultegra casette and really heavy Da qr's.Image

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

JasperGr wrote:The Scott Foil 10 2016 frameset cost 2349 euro.

Sent from my type writer

Could you provide the Premium frameset pricing? That is $2700USD for the 10...I imagine another $1k USD for Premium, bet it will be $3499 or about.

Thx

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I have a 2007 Addict HMX LTD and a 2013 Foil HMX Premium.
I do prefer the riding characteristics of the Addict....
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

jordanaustino

by jordanaustino

I had one, was stolen. Replaced it with an addict because it was in stock and needed a bike ASAP (stolen 2 weeks before Gila this past year). It was a nice bike, nothing really wrong with it. Probably the best complement I can give it is that I never noticed it. Cornered pretty well, it just kinda did what I told it too. I was never blown away by anything about it, but it did everything well. I never noticed what it did wrong or unexpected just rode it. I like that in a bike. Definitely stiffer than my addict, no noticeable comfort difference for me, but noticeably more responsive. My foil was white and my addict black and red... the addict looks nicer. It's also a full lb lighter with a neigh on identical build despite being HMF vs my foil being hmx.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Zigmeister wrote:Could you provide the Premium frameset pricing? That is $2700USD for the 10...I imagine another $1k USD for Premium, bet it will be $3499 or about.

Thx

The Premium frameset in Europe could be preordered for Jan/Feb delivery for approx 3000 EUR.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike