Fizik Volta and Fitting.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lllauderman

by lllauderman

I am having saddle issues with a few Bontrager saddles (Serano particular) and the Fizik Antares did not fit well either. I measure a medium on the Bontrager fit machine, but a Snake with Fizik. I am too far away to demo those saddles in my area. I was curious since these are modern shapes and I can not get them right, if I should try the Fizik Volta? I do tend to slide on the saddle depending where I want to be, but being a medium in the mid 130's sit bone wise would the dimensions of the Volta work (300X140). Please comment if you have atleast had experience with the Volta.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

Sounds like need an Airione...but it's all just speculation until you sit it.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

If you look at the Fizik Volta, it is very round, the Antares is much flatter. So the Volta, even though maybe measuring wide, has less effective with, because you're never going to get your sitbones anywhere near the widest part. Maybe it would be easier to make recommendations if you mentioned what it was that you didn't like with the Bontrager (no experience, sorry) or the Antares (one of my favs).

http://roadbikeaction.com/product-tests/lunch-ride-review-fizik-volta-saddle

micky

by micky

Im not exactly sure what your question is but I've used the Volta and it's a saddle which allow you to slide, as other Fizik saddles I've tried (beside the Aliante).
I ended up not using it anymore cause it was rubbing on the inside of my legs and it was a bit annoying.

wingguy

by wingguy

lllauderman wrote:I was curious since these are modern shapes and I can not get them right, if I should try the Fizik Volta?

I don't really know much about the bontrager range but the Antares is a pretty unusual shape, so doesn't really represent the range of modern saddles available. The Volta is designed to fit and feel the same as an old Selle Italia Flite or San Marco Rolls so if you had used or could try one of those it would give you a good idea.

I put a Volta on our fit bike and sat up in the hoods it was extremely comfortable. As soon as I rolled down ito the drops though I was sat on nothing but perineum, my sit bones weren't even touching the saddle anymore, so for me it was an absolute no go. Nothing more individual than saddle fit though, YMMV.

lllauderman

by lllauderman

I do a ton of sliding when I ride as far as on the end of the saddle in the drops and all the way back when climbing. I need a happy medium, and I figured the Fizik Volta may be the one I need. Atleast what are the negatives to the Volta???

micky

by micky

As the other guy said, I couldn't sit with my bones properly as well.

IchDien

by IchDien

I'm not saying the Pros are anything to base your fit on, but the only person in the whole professional peloton I've seen using this saddle is P. Gilbert (who fizik designed it for).

Surely has to mean something...

uraqt

by uraqt

When the Volta was released Fizik said that is was to get the shape of the selle san marco concor, but in the modern saddle. I ride the selle san marco concor and there isn't a "flat" part on it so you can kinda get the idea behind the Volta.

but time has already passed that shape, most of the new riders are on Fizik other shapes or copies of that shape.

C

IchDien

by IchDien

Yeah...my main point being fizik sponsors how many teams? And no-one apart from Gilbert on this saddle.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I'm pretty sure Svein Tuft is also riding the Volta

micky

by micky

uraqt wrote:When the Volta was released Fizik said that is was to get the shape of the selle san marco concor, but in the modern saddle. I ride the selle san marco concor and there isn't a "flat" part on it so you can kinda get the idea behind the Volta.

but time has already passed that shape, most of the new riders are on Fizik other shapes or copies of that shape.

C

Im a big fan of the old Concor (weird enough, I have a "stock" of them) and trust me, completely different shape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Me too, on the concor.... I was just repeating what I had read, : )

it wasn't this article, but it's close enough : )

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/c ... -14-48262/

That said still going to keep riding the concor :) though I might give Volta a try : )

C