Bottecchia Tourmalet T1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SevenSucker

by SevenSucker

HI - has anyone had any experience, heard any reports on the Bottecchia Tourmalet T1.
http://www.bottecchia.com/en/modelli/t1-tourmalet

My LBS has some coming in and am interested. But haven't been able to find much about it. There are quite a few pics out there, just not much reported that I can find.

Be great to hear anything if known.
Cheers.

maraner161

by maraner161

two of my friends have just bought them and appear to be very pleased with them.

one is full DA and looks sweet

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Amazing bike...reduced my times uphill almost by 10% in the first week I bought it (more on the flats but there was a lot of sleepstreaming involved since I am training with a team so I can not calculate anything)!! it trully is a weapon in the hands of someone who has a good engine....worth it's money.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I hope seane is kidding about believing he shaved 10% off his climbing times. Also I think sleepstreaming is when you wet your bed, not when you sit on someones wheel.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Strange to name an aero bike "Tourmalet" ! :)

seaneT1

by seaneT1

NiFTY wrote:I hope seane is kidding about believing he shaved 10% off his climbing times. Also I think sleepstreaming is when you wet your bed, not when you sit on someones wheel.

Well,garmin and strava are not kidding so therefore I am not either...and sorry for misspeling "slipstream" but english is not my primary language,found your comment very funny though :lol: ...and to avoid any misunderstandings I am not saying that the bike will help everyone so drastically...my shaved time can easily be explained due to the change from a shitty bike to a higher end one and even from the psychological boost that a new bike gives you...

seaneT1

by seaneT1

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Strange to name an aero bike "Tourmalet" ! :)

It's not that strange considering that the general trend nowadays is to have aero bikes and climbing bikes merged into one (at least that is what they tried, but to tell you the truth,I don't even know if it is any aero at all, and I can't really tell without a wind tunnel,but it surely is a climbing bike!)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com