Rotor 3D + crank

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Crank compatability is a nightmare. Was considering a weenie frame like an R5 or Vial evo D as I now have my non S-works Tarmac under 6kg, but there seems to be no way to fit my BB30 S-works crankset which I'm perfectly happy with (at around 520g with spider and rings) to either frame as I believe they have a wider BB. Buying a new set of cranks seems excessive...

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

DCnoJ wrote:
stormur wrote:But not even a word about BB30A :noidea:

They're both compatible with BB30A. I just ordered one for a 2016 Cannondale Evo. Instead of using the standard 11.5mm cone spacer on the non-drive side, it requires any combination of spacers totaling 6.5mm.

Sorry - which BB have you gone for for the 2016 evo?

Am about to start a 2015 evo hi-mod build with a 3D+ crank - any BB recommendations? Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

martinko

by martinko

3DF is also 30mm

newforker

by newforker

OJ wrote:Oh yeah! Another new learning opportunity on BB's and different standards. The Cervelo version of the spider/lockring will not fit anything but BBright. I need a new spider and a lockring. And of course...I will need a lockring tool as well and the piece seems to cost $60...Bloody hell with these!

I am close to ordering Ultegra crankset and just use regular bb86 BB on this thing. Tooling, new lockring and spider will cost almost the same as the Ultegra crankset.

Technically incorrect.. A Cervelo specced Rotor crank will fit a BB/Pf30 set up..provided you install it with a 11mm NDS spacer :smartass:

expatscot

by expatscot

newforker wrote:
OJ wrote:Oh yeah! Another new learning opportunity on BB's and different standards. The Cervelo version of the spider/lockring will not fit anything but BBright. I need a new spider and a lockring. And of course...I will need a lockring tool as well and the piece seems to cost $60...Bloody hell with these!

I am close to ordering Ultegra crankset and just use regular bb86 BB on this thing. Tooling, new lockring and spider will cost almost the same as the Ultegra crankset.

Technically incorrect.. A Cervelo specced Rotor crank will fit a BB/Pf30 set up..provided you install it with a 11mm NDS spacer :smartass:

Perfect reply for me - I'm collecting my PF30 frame (non Cervelo) tomorrow, and have a nice set of 3D+ (BBright) cranks to fit.
I also have the Rotor 4630 BB arriving (I'm sure it's arrived a few days back).

If I have the time, I'll bring both to the shop, and discuss the fit & spacers with them.
Look 695 aerolight eTap 11
Boardman TTE eTap 11
Brompton S2 LX ti custom
Trek 5500 1994 Sram Red 10
Boardman CXR9.8 eTap 11
Open UPPER - DA 9270
Ridley x-fire Sram Red 10

and lots of non- WW others.

expatscot

by expatscot

I managed to fit the following fine:

- Rotor 4630 BB
- Rotor 3D+ off a Cervelo R3

into my PF30 (Boardman CXR9.8) frameset.
I confess I got the mechanic at my LBS to fit the BB (he offered!). The other stuff went straight on, including the two standard conical washers that came with the chainset.
Look 695 aerolight eTap 11
Boardman TTE eTap 11
Brompton S2 LX ti custom
Trek 5500 1994 Sram Red 10
Boardman CXR9.8 eTap 11
Open UPPER - DA 9270
Ridley x-fire Sram Red 10

and lots of non- WW others.