Tire/inner tube recommend for fulcrum racing zero.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

airsky

by airsky

As above any good recommendations or advice please.

Thanking all in advance for any inputs/postings.

Awaiting to place order with our forum supporter STARBIKE.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

vittoria open corsa with a latex inner tube. It really depends on what you are going to do with the wheels. The Schwalbe guys I spoke last week told me that within the next three years, most of us will be riding tubeless. In that case, Schwalbe one tubeless in 25mm.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

airsky

by airsky

For speed shall I go for continentalGP4000S II x 23mm or 25 mm and continental super lite for inner tube.

liam7020

by liam7020

That's what the Schwalbe guys think...!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

bfno

by bfno

Depending on what you want to do with the tires, go GP4Ks II if you want a more durable everyday tire and go Vittoria Open Corsa CX if you want a race tire. I'd go 25mm width due to the width of the rim and 25's being generally nicer without much sacrifice.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

TonyM

by TonyM

Vittoria Open Corsa CX 23 mm in black with a latex tube. That's my combo for my alu wheelset Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

stormur

by stormur

Tire is for you, not for the wheel ;) "wear" whatever you like, wheels will survive :mrgreen:

BTW didn't you notice yet that everyone should ride on Conti 4000s2 ? :welcome:

There's 2 ways for you : or to be "marketing victim" and follow what other tell you to do, or find what you like by yourself . testing is only way. Will cost you some €/$/£ but you will have something more and more rare : OWN OPINION. It's worth it.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Liggero

by Liggero

I currently ride michelin pro 4, in 25, with butyl tubes of 75g. I´m very happy with this combo, price performance is the best out there I think. Conti last more, much more, and has less flats, but grip is more woody. I used Schwalbe ultremo but they last less than michelin, have the same grip and the threads start peeling off after 500 Km's...

I always wanted to jump into the Vittoria open tubular system and latex tubes, but it's really pricey and its supposed to last less. But it seems to be worthy and apparently the most similar feeling to tubulars and the smallest rolling resistance in clinchers. I haven't tried it yet though. Should I do i????? ;-D
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

Frankie - B wrote:vittoria open corsa with a latex inner tube. It really depends on what you are going to do with the wheels. The Schwalbe guys I spoke last week told me that within the next three years, most of us will be riding tubeless. In that case, Schwalbe one tubeless in 25mm.

Next time, ask them why the ultremos thread peels off for over 5 years now. We have had ten pairs of those and all have loose thread next to the brake track. All of them.

Tubeless will not make it in the road. I bet discs in road bikes will be more popular than tubeless, and still it won't make it.
Happy Trails !!!

TonyM

by TonyM

Liggero wrote:I currently ride michelin pro 4, in 25, with butyl tubes of 75g. I´m very happy with this combo, price performance is the best out there I think. Conti last more, much more, and has less flats, but grip is more woody. I used Schwalbe ultremo but they last less than michelin, have the same grip and the threads start peeling off after 500 Km's...

I always wanted to jump into the Vittoria open tubular system and latex tubes, but it's really pricey and its supposed to last less. But it seems to be worthy and apparently the most similar feeling to tubulars and the smallest rolling resistance in clinchers. I haven't tried it yet though. Should I do i????? ;-D

Go for the Open Corsa CX with the latex ;-)

I went for these 20 years ago after my racing time with tubulars. I have tried the conti but keep the Open Corsa because of the comfort ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

martinSL
Shop Owner

by martinSL

stormur wrote:Tire is for you, not for the wheel ;) "wear" whatever you like, wheels will survive :mrgreen:

BTW didn't you notice yet that everyone should ride on Conti 4000s2 ? :welcome:

There's 2 ways for you : or to be "marketing victim" and follow what other tell you to do, or find what you like by yourself . testing is only way. Will cost you some €/$/£ but you will have something more and more rare : OWN OPINION. It's worth it.

+1
----------------------------------------------
Racing and Training Cycling Tires
www.tiremaniacs.com

excel11

by excel11

I have Racing Zeros. The best feeling and fastest tires have always begun with Vittoria Latex Inner Tubes. Butyl does not feel as good, and I have not found any Latex as long as lasting or as supple.
What happened to you after you fell? - Steve Porino
"I got back up and started chasing" - Geraint Thomas

by 573

Vredestein latex and Veloflex Corsa. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM