Pinarello Dogma K8-S

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Isn't the forthcoming K8 more interesting than the S version?
Really?
Whom of us really ride mostly like Paris Roubaix or Flandern?
Looking at K8-s, it has a flexion in chainstays, if you do think of it, is it not resonable to believe K8 will have same flexion but with a follow up in the seatstays minus the suspension module?
I would rather look at such a solution if i bought the K8 version.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

djconnel

by djconnel

Flanders cobbles aren't Roubaix cobbles. I doubt 25mm tires will win this weekend.

And how can anyone say the aero feature of Kristoff's Canyon didn't help? That's exactly the sort of finish for which aero bikes are designed. If anything it was a strong testament for aero design. If it was 2% faster that's 5 seconds in the last 3 minutes. As it is he finished with GVA breathing down his neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

We don't know if "the aero feature of Kristoff's Canyon" help or not . He actually might have been even faster or fresher on a non-aero frame.
Anyway aero or not does not matter the way you think. Kristoff is on top form. That's all.

djconnel

by djconnel

kgt wrote:We don't know if "the aero feature of Kristoff's Canyon" help or not . He actually might have been even faster or fresher on a non-aero frame.
Anyway aero or not does not matter the way you think. Kristoff is on top form. That's all.

I agree -- it's impossible to tell if the aero helped more than the 25 mm tires hurt (although 25 mm is more aero than 28 mm, by a nontrivial margin). Similarly you can't say Sky were helped or hindered by the K8-S. Canyon thinks the bike played a role, though :).

teokim

by teokim

I like it. But it looks like MTB rear shock

bfno

by bfno

Thats because it is a MTB shock, albeit with only 10mm travel
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

spookyload

by spookyload

Welcome to 1998. Litespeed Unicoi. They will find that having 10mm of compression without any rebound dampening is not always a good thing. Hello pogo stick.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Perhaps what Wiggins experienced before he through it away.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

goodboyr wrote:Perhaps what Wiggins experienced before he through it away.

Wiggins has that experience quite alot with most bikes he rides it seems. What do you make out of that?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

goodboyr

by goodboyr

I will wait for the actual ride reviews before I answer.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Kind of funny suggesting Wiggins don't like the bike, as Pinarello uses Wiggins words to promote the bike as a game changer.
I don't think they aim to say, the game changer, the crappiest Pinarello ever, finally released :-D
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

de zwarten

by de zwarten

djconnel wrote:Flanders cobbles aren't Roubaix cobbles. I doubt 25mm tires will win this weekend.

And how can anyone say the aero feature of Kristoff's Canyon didn't help? That's exactly the sort of finish for which aero bikes are designed. If anything it was a strong testament for aero design. If it was 2% faster that's 5 seconds in the last 3 minutes. As it is he finished with GVA breathing down his neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you can survive Roubaix on 25 (I did). I liked 28 better (both vittoria Pavé green tubulars), but on the asphalt, it really slows you down. So if it comes to a sprint and a group is still together after Hem, you have a big big advantage with 25.
The parcours at Flanders was ideal last Sunday (dry, cobbles were very OK), I did a recon on 23mm and it only felt a bit harsh on Kwaremont, but it didn't make a difference on Paterberg.

In the end, I think the best thing for Roubaix is to change bikes from 23/25 to 28 before sector 27 (Troisvilles), and, if possible, back to 25 after the Carrefour (but of course there is no time to do that, unless you really need to change bikes).

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Pure BS gimmick on this....design has been used for years w/o any success, hence the fact it has never gained traction in the market.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I rather think that as well, but Ive always been curious WHY it doesnt work. What mechanics are there of road biking on poor roads which are different to Mountain biking on trails? Is it to do with the spring effect (what gets compressed must release) impacting much more at high cadence high torque road bike spinning? Or are the bumps that much smaller and that more frequent? Damping seems like a pretty good idea, I wonder why there is a collective wisdom that you can build better compliance with the CF layup that you can with a shock absorber?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I think you've hit it on the head on all your points....