New frameset advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Thanks mate, next time I will be in adelaide will probably be for the state road championships and in mid june. Hopefully I will have a bike organised by then. A powermeter would be a very good idea, I am looking to get a wheel based one so I can share with my brother. I will be up near Melrose in the flinders ranges for easter, hopefully will get 4 days solid riding and training :D .

istigatrice

by istigatrice

cool mate, are you riding u17 or u19?

If you're riding u19 I'll probably be racing you ;)

Just in case you haven't heard of it, look up 4iii, you can get two power meters for about $800, so it's the same price as a powertap, and you won't have to worry about whether or not you can run your race wheels.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Yes u19 so I might see you there :wink: . Not sure on the location this year though.

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Hey istigatrice, whats your name? I might know you already?

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Was very lucky to receive sponsorship from Velocite! Will be order a Velocite Magnus soon, maybe tommorow. Might even be able to pick up some nice wheels or a powermeter aswell.

Svetty

by Svetty

Hoffy wrote:Was very lucky to receive sponsorship from Velocite! Will be order a Velocite Magnus soon, maybe tommorow. Might even be able to pick up some nice wheels or a powermeter aswell.

:) :)

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Congrats man :)

Post some photos of the Magnus when you're done building it.

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

mangheesuk

by mangheesuk

trek emonda sl5 ...

Hoffy

by Hoffy

Yes I will post some pics, love the look of the frame. Any idea how fast the shipping was to SA?

CEVelo

by CEVelo

At that budge (or if you can stretch it just a little) you may be able to get a Cervelo R2 (great frame) or look at Cannonadale EVO Six or Specialized Tarmac or Trek (Madone/Emoda) Either will make e a great bike, assuming the fit is right for you. There is obviously many others but I'd start here.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Shipping to the ACT was 5 days! So it's quick shipping. Not sure if it'll be slower/faster to SA, but a rough guide would be ~2 weeks by my guess.