Older WW's - recommend me a 26mm bar for special project

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

2old4this

by 2old4this

Schmolke had classic bend carbon handlebars with aluminum piece in the middle. Don't remember if they were 26mm, though. AX still sells 26mm handlebars with ergo bend. Both are 150-160 gr.
Give a call to Schmolke, I bet they'll make you one...

voodoojar

by voodoojar

Kestrel EMS Pro SL weigh in just under 200 grams and are relatively cheap. They have been my budget WW bar for years.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dadoflam08

by dadoflam08

my consideration with carbon is that I am using a Ti quill stem - the edge of the clamp is relatively sharp and will put pressure on a small area of the bar so I have assumed it is not suitable for carbon bars. If this is not an issue I would love to hear about it as it opens up the options considerably.

The other option is a custom quill stem with 31.8 clamp and clamp suitable for carbon bars - but very expensive
'83 De Rosa+'11 Baum Corretto+'08 BMC Pro Machine >6kg+'86 Pinarello Team +'72 Cinelli SC +'58 Bianchi+'71 Cinelli SC+'78 Masi GC+'83 La Redoute Motobecane+'94 Banesto Pegoretti+'88 Bianchi X4 +'48 Super Elliott+'99 Look Kg281+'18 Pegoretti

KC

by KC

Another vote for the Prima 199

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I have 3T Prima 199 available in both 42 and 44 widths. Light use only. Measured centre-centre at the end of drops - the ends do not splay outwards like many of today's bars.

The 3T Prima 199 came in ergo bend only.

The '199' relates to 199g, which was the weight of the smallest bar.

One of the first bars to be shot-peened. Satin black finish.

Can put on eBay at Buy It Now if you wish.

I do a good sell, don't I?

kman

by kman

voodoojar wrote:Kestrel EMS Pro SL weigh in just under 200 grams and are relatively cheap. They have been my budget WW bar for years.

I cracked a set of these after a crash. Until then, great bar. Carbon though so maybe no good for the OP.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa