C60 Owners I need your help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I am seriously considering getting a C60 with Dura DI2 and Bora Ultra 35 or 50 wheels. I am a bigger guy almost 100kg and wanted to hear your experiences and what you like and don't like about the bike. I am coming from a Synapse Carbon 3 with Mavic Axiom wheels and ultegra 10spd components and I am curious if I will feel a huge difference except in my wallet and to the eye.

What was your previous bike before your C60, how was the transition and would you recommend it?

Has anyone bought a C60 and sold it to move to another bike if yes what kind of bike and why?

As I said I am a bit of a bigger rider and I am 37years old but I did between 4000-5000kms last year as my first year riding and I love biking. I am currently on Zwift doing 20-100kms 4-5times a week for the last 2 months. I have 0 intentions of competing or doing a TT or Tri but I love pushing myself and my bike to the limits.

Also if you have pictures of your setup and recommendations on groupset or wheels let me know I am still 1-2 weeks away from putting the order in.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I guess all the C60 owners are too busy riding their bikes then posting on the forum... :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eurperg

by eurperg

Please don't mix Shimano and Campagnolo... If you want Boras, choose Campagnolo EPS instead of Di2.

If you're going to use Di2 anyway, choose Dura-ace C35 or C50 wheels and PRO components.

Just a friendly advice to avoid shitstorm here when you post pics...

PSM

by PSM

eurperg wrote:Please don't mix Shimano and Campagnolo...

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

The price premium on the groupset from DI2 to EPS is huge in Canada and it isn't easy to find someone who can service Campi parts, that said if I can find a good deal on the EPS I will buy it as I agree and ideally wanted the bike to be all Italian. My issue is I really dont like the look of the shimano wheels compared to the Bora 35 with Red. Those are sick looking wheels and accent the TBHI frame so well. Any idea what other wheels I could be looking at. I should mention the frame being priced to me is a C60-disc.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

As has been don't said Colnago = Campagnolo. Or if you have to Shimano only! Please don't mix!!

eurperg

by eurperg

Ummm.... C60 DISC, Italian flag color THBI color scheme, Di2 and BORAs? You're trolling...

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Sorry not trolling, new to biking been only riding for a year, my reasoning for a disc is I live in an area with lots of hills and if I dont want to get caught in the rain with carbon wheels and no disc brake.

I guess I will have to rethink my build as it seems I am building a Frankenbike.

I still want a C60-Disc just going to keep doing research on other components.

Also I wouldn't say Stupid but I am a Neophyte when it comes to much of this stuff, hence why I am asking for advice and pictures of previous builds.

eurperg

by eurperg

Buy these wheels: (Colnago Artemis Disc)

Campagnolo / Fulcrum doesn't even make disc brake road wheels...

aguycalledsimon

by aguycalledsimon

I am a long-time colnago owner and just finished building my new C60

I would certainly strongly recommend them strongly, but there area few considerations:
Bora's are not available for disc (AFAIK)
Do you really need electronic? (I'm loving my new campy S-R)

in reality, the best advice is to find a good dealer (if you are not already getting the frame via an physical shop), build trust with them and let them help you with the spec - especially as a neophyte you will need a good shop

showdown

by showdown

First off, ignore everything everyone has said about what to buy with your money and put on your bike- it's your bike, do whatever you wish.

Generally, it's a good idea to keep your drivetrain all one brand, brakes can be swapped out but at this point the big three make such good brakes that unless you're building some crazy boutique bike or ultra featherweight you'd be wise to stick with the stock offerings. Wheels, like bikes have unique characteristics that may or may not fit with you or the bike so you're best off trying out a bunch if you can before you buy anything... Everything else (saddle, bars, stem etc...) are totally idiosyncratic and none are necessarily better or worse than others- just different; lighter, cheaper, more expensive, painted, raw etc...

Now, onto the question you asked.

I currently race a C60/Di2/Mavic CCU and simply love it. I came from a C59 with the same setup and from that I was on an M10 with SRAM Red and Zipps and prior to that a CX-1 with Sram Red and Zipps. Before our team went with Conago we had Treks and Orbeas and I've ridden Giants and other brands as well. By far the C60 is the nicest bike of the lot though the 59 is a very close second if not tied.

The bike is most certainly comfortable. I'm 34 so the fatigue isn't a big issue but when I do 6 hours on the bike inevitably it wears on me. With the 60 the cumulative wear and tear on the body is significantly less which makes riding enjoyable and recovery easier. The bike is also dream to take through descents and other technical roads as well as criterium racing. The bike tracks so well and when properly fitted so balanced that I can take off a jacket or vest in a race and not worry about any shimmy at all. During a week in the mountains I discovered the true beauty of Colnago's geometry- downhill they are so damn confident, so predictable and so stable you can push harder, go faster and get closer to the line without crossing it. Diving into corners at speed never worries me on the 60 like it did on other bikes. It's a beautiful bike and rides fantastically. Don't buy it if you want something that's "aero" or featherweight or wound up. Also, don't test ride one unless you plan on buying it as you won't want to give it up.

And most important- take everything people tell you with a grain of salt.

Also, have fun- building a dream bike is so much fun!!

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

showdown wrote:First off, ignore everything everyone has said about what to buy with your money and put on your bike- it's your bike, do whatever you wish.

Generally, it's a good idea to keep your drivetrain all one brand, brakes can be swapped out but at this point the big three make such good brakes that unless you're building some crazy boutique bike or ultra featherweight you'd be wise to stick with the stock offerings. Wheels, like bikes have unique characteristics that may or may not fit with you or the bike so you're best off trying out a bunch if you can before you buy anything... Everything else (saddle, bars, stem etc...) are totally idiosyncratic and none are necessarily better or worse than others- just different; lighter, cheaper, more expensive, painted, raw etc...

Now, onto the question you asked.

I currently race a C60/Di2/Mavic CCU and simply love it. I came from a C59 with the same setup and from that I was on an M10 with SRAM Red and Zipps and prior to that a CX-1 with Sram Red and Zipps. Before our team went with Conago we had Treks and Orbeas and I've ridden Giants and other brands as well. By far the C60 is the nicest bike of the lot though the 59 is a very close second if not tied.

The bike is most certainly comfortable. I'm 34 so the fatigue isn't a big issue but when I do 6 hours on the bike inevitably it wears on me. With the 60 the cumulative wear and tear on the body is significantly less which makes riding enjoyable and recovery easier. The bike is also dream to take through descents and other technical roads as well as criterium racing. The bike tracks so well and when properly fitted so balanced that I can take off a jacket or vest in a race and not worry about any shimmy at all. During a week in the mountains I discovered the true beauty of Colnago's geometry- downhill they are so damn confident, so predictable and so stable you can push harder, go faster and get closer to the line without crossing it. Diving into corners at speed never worries me on the 60 like it did on other bikes. It's a beautiful bike and rides fantastically. Don't buy it if you want something that's "aero" or featherweight or wound up. Also, don't test ride one unless you plan on buying it as you won't want to give it up.

And most important- take everything people tell you with a grain of salt.

Also, have fun- building a dream bike is so much fun!!

Thank you this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for... I am not looking for an Aero or UltraLight bike, I want something I am going to enjoy riding for the next 5years.

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

If I were to spec it with Shimano, then for the wheelset I would go either Mavic or Fulcrum.

Stem and bar, either Deda or 3T. Saddle, Selle Italia, San Marco or Astute.

But like others have said, do what you want. Where I live I see so many 65.1s that have DADi2 and Bora Ultras and while I wouldnt do that, I can see why some would. I also see F8s with 6880. But that's their business. Like its my business too to have DA pedals on a campy crankset :P :oops:

wingguy

by wingguy

CanadianBiker wrote:Sorry not trolling, new to biking been only riding for a year, my reasoning for a disc is I live in an area with lots of hills and if I dont want to get caught in the rain with carbon wheels and no disc brake.

Ignore the must match guys - what does it matter to them what you put on your bike? I'm running my Campag wheels on a new Sram RED bike at the moment and part of the fun is that it pisses off people like them :wink:

Unfortunately for you though, there ain't no such thing as a Bora disc, and probably won't be at least until after Campag release a hydraulic shifter and disc brake system. Which shows no signs of being on the horizon. Maybe look at the Zipp 303 disc or Vision Metron 40 disc? Miche Supertype SWR RC DX (what a name!) would keep the Italian thing going but they're pretty damn heavy.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

Looks like all those wheels are quite a bit heavier then the Bora Ultra, however the Vision Metron is kind at the compromise look/weight and the price is pretty decent. I will talk to my LBS and see if they can source them.

This really sucks that Campi doesn't have a disc wheel, I did not know that not all wheels fit on disc frames...

I also love the look of the Colnago Artemis Disc Wheel, I just can't seem to find much info on them, curious on the price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com