New R3 color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maquisard

by maquisard

My issue with this scheme isn't so much the white (R3) or red (R5) top tube but rather how it blends, or doesn't, into the head tube and seat tube. The sharp transition doesn't work well in my opinion as it doesn't follow the lines and design of the frame.

I would prefer something like this, apologies for my Paintbrush artwork!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

I also got a problem with the blending, It's gives a nice and minimalistic touch, but it doesn't blend in well. The Kestrel does a better job on blending in the total picture. The real photo MattSoutherden posted looks better then the standard picture but that's more because the white/black balance is perfect, not so much the paint job itself which lacks an idea behind it.

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I'd take this over the R5's red. It just gets to me, but that red just does not look good in real life or a render.

maquisard

by maquisard

It was a bizarre choice to go with red given that for the major colour of the sponsored team last year was blue and this year it is yellow, black and white...

bfno

by bfno

Looks a lot better IRL then in the picture on cervelos site.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

Jesper64

by Jesper64

White stripe definitely looks better than the red stripe. But I still reckon the ~'09 simple white and black paint job is the best.

velojosh

by velojosh

Love this new color combo. Similar to the new P3 my friend just got.

srshaw

by srshaw

I hate it. I have been a long time admirer of Cervelos, but never seem to have spare cash when they have a good colour scheme for the R3, the R5 being well out of my price range. I really like the old black red, the grey was horrible, last years black blue was really nice.

Liggero

by Liggero

you also have the r2, which has the same frame as the r3, but with a more "racy" paintwork, and still not so loaded as previous years. I find extremely cheap, superficial, middle-class, and all the bad things you can name, to put the name of a brand in eight different locations of the frame... If you buy a bmw and it has only a headbadge in the front and one in the back, why bikes with a ton of cheap graphic design branding is prefered????
Happy Trails !!!

r3awak3n

by r3awak3n

btompkins0112 wrote:I like it.....

same.