FSA Electronic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

solarider

by solarider

Since they are openly sponsoring pro teams, the groupset must be imminent.

SRAM and Shimano 'spy shots' usually leak out well ahead of the launch of new product. OK, I get that these are often 'accidentally leaked' by the companies' PR departments. You never see such 'spy shots' of Campagnolo for example, so I guess it is possible to keep new products under wraps if you really want to.

But, surely if FSA are this close there must be some spy shots out here somewhere? Anybody seen anything?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chiva

by Chiva

I've been wondering the same thing. Why no spy shots??

thewallace

by thewallace

The pics I've seem have wireless shifters, and a wired front and rear mech connected to a battery. That was at last years tour when it was first shown to a few teams. Changes may have been made since

deek

by deek

I really doubt it will come out this year. I guess I just have little faith in FSA.

spartan

by spartan

fsa system is based on tiso's electronic prototype..

i think this product is still in beta..

meanwhile sram wiress racks up pro tour victories at criterium international,tour of catlonia with agr.....

sram does not f** up in manufacturing they will have a best electro group... shimano/campy next generation units are still 2 years away
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

sram does not f** up in manufacturing

Since the announcement of our pending hydraulic brake recall, SRAM has received a number of inquiries related to reported incidents of brake failures in sub-freezing conditions. Our analysis shows the cold temperature accelerates the failure of the seal, but that also the sealing could fail in normal temperatures. As a result SRAM would like to once again ask all individuals riding bikes equipped with RED 22 and S-700 Hydraulic Brake …

http://sramroadhydraulicbrakerecall.com/ :lol:

(Not a dig at SRAM, Shimano have also had recalls.)

1415chris

by 1415chris

Hopefully they lernt the lesson.

Zitter

by Zitter

They did. I spoke in-depth with a SRAM rep about changes they've made after the hydro recall. And he also said like the rest, definitely no SRAM wireless for 2015

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

I don't understand the point of a wireless system, there is no way there are any weight shavings and charging 4 separate things is just a pain in the ass

IchDien

by IchDien

Well, the fact you can mount it on practically any bike is a big USP and surely the charging cable will split into four or something similar...

jimwhimpey

by jimwhimpey

Zitter wrote:They did. I spoke in-depth with a SRAM rep about changes they've made after the hydro recall. And he also said like the rest, definitely no SRAM wireless for 2015

Can't believe that a group pro teams are racing on at big events in 2014 won't be available until 2016.

My DA-7870 is on its last legs and I really don't want to replace it with another wired system.

eric

by eric

mattyNorm wrote:I don't understand the point of a wireless system, there is no way there are any weight shavings and charging 4 separate things is just a pain in the ass

Di2 wiring weighs about 50g. Sram's system uses CR2032 batteries for the shifters. Those weight 3g each and do not need charging. Since they only need to provide current when the shifter is transmitting a shift command they should last a reasonably long time.

tinozee

by tinozee

Looking forward to trying both Sram and FSA wireless. I'll go with Sram wireless at least until Shimano comes through. I still like Campy mechanical parts the best though, go figure.

Here is the Tiso group in a vid from 2012 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=4U_BUqc87g8 I hope the FSA is better or more refined than this, it looks cheap.

grover

by grover

mattyNorm wrote:I don't understand the point of a wireless system, there is no way there are any weight shavings and charging 4 separate things is just a pain in the ass

If you've ever spent even 5 minutes struggling to find a lost cable inside a frame you'll understand the interest in wireless. Imagine installing and tuning the drivetrain in 15 minutes on a time trial bike with complicated integrated front end. Great!

As for charging four separate things. The shifters use CR2032 batteries which have been getting up to 3000 hours. No charging there and a long time between battery changes. So you only have to charge two separate things, the derailleur batteries, which are removed in 3 seconds and placed in a dock. They have been getting up to 600 hours each so you won't be doing it often.

Even if I only replace cables once a year I still think it will take me less total time and effort to charge those two batteries occasionally. I can't wait. Wake up the future is here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

solarider

by solarider

Do we definitely know that FSA will be wireless?