FSA Electronic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattyNorm

by mattyNorm

That's good news about the cr batteries I wasn't aware! I'm a mechanic so I know all about what it is to route wires on TT bikes. I'd rather spend a few hours during initial set up and have peace of mind then run the risk of signals being crossed/lost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Some pictures here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fsa-ele ... -de-france

Obviously still very rough in design, but I'm all for more competition.

Some people have taken issue with the lack of tactility differentiating the buttons on Di2, but this looks even more subtle.

On that note, I had always figured SRAM was avoiding patents by making their system one button per side (which to me is one of the most nonsensical setups you could conceive, especially for electronic shifting, where being able to shift front and rear without unshipping the chain is a neat feature), but nope, just different design.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

RD is SunTour Superbe Tech's comeback.

53x12

by 53x12

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

XCProMD

by XCProMD

solarider wrote:Since they are openly sponsoring pro teams, the groupset must be imminent.

SRAM and Shimano 'spy shots' usually leak out well ahead of the launch of new product. OK, I get that these are often 'accidentally leaked' by the companies' PR departments. You never see such 'spy shots' of Campagnolo for example, so I guess it is possible to keep new products under wraps if you really want to.

But, surely if FSA are this close there must be some spy shots out here somewhere? Anybody seen anything?

I opened a thread a couple of hours ago, maybe we should merge both

spartan

by spartan

fsa = tiso version 2. the semi-wireless system was used in the original tiso system.

mehhh.. sram wireless is way to go..
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

Seems likely that the semi-wireless approach of FSA could be the lightest wireless implementation? Still, my money's on SRAM :)
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Very clunky, but it is still a bona fide prototype, so we'll let that slide.

I predict internal battery, external control box and wireless circuitry on the bulky FD.

Since the FD and RD are wired together, it's safe to assume that they can talk to each other, which opens the doors for auto-trimming and sequential shifting. I'm not sure that SRAM's derailleurs talk to each other, but if we ignore sequential shifting, SRAM already claims YAW true 22-speed without any need for trim, so presumably SRAM sees no need for the FD and RD to talk to each other.

Still, internal battery and wiring is a faff compared to SRAM's being totally wireless.

And the shifters look like ass. :P

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

XCProMD wrote:I opened a thread a couple of hours ago, maybe we should merge both

Merged, Next time please PM a mod or `flag` the posts so we can easily spot them.

Thanks
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

jano

by jano

More pictures and video of the FSA prototypes:
http://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/s ... g-groupset