Cannondale Slice RS Black - Installing Di2?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I picked up a 2013 Cannondale Slice RS Black with Red installed and have a 9070 Di2 groupset (internal battery)... Can anyone give me some advice on installing Di2 on a Slice RS? I'm guessing my only option is to use an external battery mounted below the BB?

I've got the derailleurs, bar end shifters (not planning to use shifter/brake combo), internal junction box, 3-port junction box, and internal battery (Bought all this before the RS thinking I'd be doing an internal install :roll: )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Internal won't fit anywhere, as you have worked out. Why not run a shifter/brakes? I only got di2 for my TT as I thought have shifter/brakes made sense when coming out of the gate/corners etc.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raineman

by Raineman

Looks like Cannondale-Garmin use an external battery on the downtube

I would look at the holes in the frame and see if the battery will fit/can be wedged in any of them (the seat tube looks promising if you can get the battery in there). The only other possibily I can think of is putting it in the extensions if you really want it to be internal.

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I ended up just using the standard external short mount under the BB.