Fizik R3B

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Watching Geraint Thomas flying with its elegant style yesterday at E3, I was wondering if anyone already own a pair of those beauties :

I'd love to buy them, but as they are relatively new, it's hard to find something on how they fit. Any experiences so far ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duvivr6

by duvivr6

I have been trying to get a pair for myself but no luck finding one in my size. (other than online)
I have regular R3s right now.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Guerdi wrote:Watching Geraint Thomas flying with its elegant style yesterday at E3, I was wondering if anyone already own a pair of those beauties :
[...]
I'd love to buy them, but as they are relatively new, it's hard to find something on how they fit. Any experiences so far ?

Got them because we are sponsored by the BOA distributor. Am usually more of a "just 3 velcros are fine" kind of person, but they work as well. I have narrow feet with low instep, fwiw.

haze513

by haze513

Picked up a pair from Stan's in Shrewsbury...UK based and not sure they do mail order, but if you can't wait they may be able to sort you out (assuming your in Switzerland?).

I tried on a regular R3 shortly before them, didn't spend a lot of time in them but they felt very similar if you're familiar with the fit.

Very happy with them.

east_eight

by east_eight

I've got six pairs of shoes turning up over the next few days to try - one of which is a pair of R3B in size 48. My first gen R1s are on their way out

The others are:

Louis Garneau Air Lite (48)
Nothwave Extreme Tech (48)
Nothwave Torpedo Plus (48)
Mavic Zxellium Ultimate (48.7)
Shimano R171 (49)

I've got large feet and I'm hoping that one of these half dozen is going to do the trick. I don't like Spesh or Bont and I already know that Giro are too small.

I'll add some feedback when I've tried them all

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Recently bought the Fizik boa mtb version. They fit immensely better than my R1's with the velcro/buckle (narrow-footed riders will love the boa's). My Sidi Wire's are a great fit as well, but Fizik takes the cake with their fit and superior boa design IMO. Releasing the boa tension by pulling the dial upwards is so fast and convenient.

Dirty32

by Dirty32

Tricky1 wrote:Releasing the boa tension by pulling the dial upwards is so fast and convenient.

The Bontrager XXX's also have this new Boa Dial... Pull up to disengage and the reel is free.
Push em down and ratchet to tighten.

A similar (but definitely not the same) shoe to the new Fizik, maybe a bit more like the S-works. Might be an option for those looking for a similar style / features as the Fizik, but for those with wider feet that dont fit in the Fizik.

jockeywilson

by jockeywilson

I bought a pair of the fiziks. Had to go back as too narrow for me. I usually wear shimano r320 which accommodate me well.

micky

by micky

I've used the regular Fizik R3 the whole last season and they were great shoes, just a little bit narrow for me but I could "survive" it.
What impressed me the most was the quality/finish which is very high compared to many other brands I've owned in the past.

I was supposed to get the new R3B already but still waiting for it, as Im really in love with the look (compared to the R3 model).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com