Parlee Z5i Build - Internal Cabling query

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

superdfly

by superdfly

Hi

I just built a Parlee Z5Sli mechanical. Like others, I got the grommets from Parlee direct and also found the internal cable routing to be a pain in the ass. I went to hell and back three times. First I tried to use Aican Bungarus housing because it is lightweight. Don't try it! There is too much internal friction in the full length needed, and shifting on the rear sucks (you cannot use nokon or alligator housing; too large to go in the derailleur opening on the frame). So finally went to regular Shimano shift housing; a nightmare to get foam pieces over the housing to prevent rattles. For brakes, I used the Aican. Turned out to rattle like a bucket of bolts in the top tube (rear brake); another nightmare getting foam tubing over the housing inside the top tube. Whoever designed this frame to run full length housing internally instead of using cable stops should be shot. Anway, finally finished the project using the new Campy 2015 mech, THM crank and brakes, Dash seatpost and saddle, extralight hyperstem, FSA nano bar and Enve 1.25 wheels (tubular) with Tune Mig 45 front and Mag 170 rear hubs. Weight is now just under 12lbs with fairly heavy Veloflex Criterium tires. Have on order a set of Skyliner wheels from Tune; with Veloflex record (front) and sprinter (rear) should be around 11.5 lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com