Lightweight Meilenstein 16/20 or 20/20 ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LionelB

by LionelB

I have been in contact with LW but they are pretty slow to respond so far. The wheels had the extended warranty on them but it recently expired so they may tell me to pound sand. We will see.

Andreas is a regular here ?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hopefully they respond and hopefully it gets resolved especially since they seem to be on record as saying anything out of true by more than 0.4mm is likely damaged.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

It does not look damaged to me at all. The wheels are in great shape, short of that wobble. The US support guy has been quite responsive but he seems to be waiting for Germany to pitch in.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I doubt that it is damaged either Lionel. But the quote from the LW guy that kgt referenced said that "if a wheel was more than 0.4mm out of true that was a clear hint it was damaged ". That's contradictory to things I've read elsewhere of people reporting that LW told them that their wheels were within tolerance when the true was out much more than that.
And Lionel, don't you live in France? How come you're having to deal with the U.S. support guy?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote:I doubt that it is damaged either Lionel. But the quote from the LW guy that kgt referenced said that "if a wheel was more than 0.4mm out of true that was a clear hint it was damaged ". That's contradictory to things I've read elsewhere of people reporting that LW told them that their wheels were within tolerance when the true was out much more than that.
And Lionel, don't you live in France? How come you're having to deal with the U.S. support guy?

I split my time between France and CA. The LW are on the bike in CA. Here is a proof from yesterday's ride :D

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ahhh... Nice

kgt

by kgt

In case these are out of true I can get them and give you a nice pair of handbuilt alu wheels free of charge. ; )

sawyer

by sawyer

kgt wrote:Bora is a top wheelset. I agree. But not the best in crosswinds either.

Just saw this.

New Boras?

Immense in crosswinds. 35mm depth with 24mm width is as good in crosswinds as - for example - Shimano Dura Ace 24mm depth. Really no discernible difference

Much better than older 50mm Boras for sure. Never rode the older shape 35mm however

LWs need a new rim shape to have this type of performance
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: