Hollowgram vs. SL-K Light

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kman

by kman

martinko wrote:But count in some extra tools for maintenance.

I thought this too when I had to work on my brother's Si cranks but all you need is a piece of steel rod and a standard 3 piece crank extractor. Youtube. ;-)
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

ms6073

by ms6073

kman wrote:all you need is a piece of steel rod and a standard 3 piece crank extractor. Youtube. ;-)

DIY Cannondale SISL Crank Arm Removal - YouTube
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

For now, I've decided to splash out on a saddle instead, as I don't think that the stiffness/shift quality argument will stack up when using the same rings, and weight loss doesn't seem worth it.

When the 52/36 SpideRing appears, though...

Gregor

by Gregor

I have SuperSix (non HiMod) with SL-K and SuperSix HiMod with Hollowgram SISL. Cannonade says that the bikes should have the same stiffness. There is a huge difference in responsiveness and feeling of power transfer. Of course I tested with the same wheels on both bikes. I have never tried to switch the cranks too see if that is the difference, but definitely there is HUGE difference.

EDIT: same FSA chainrings on both bikes.

Scooter

by Scooter

Hollowgrams all the way!

I have 2 sets of SISL2, 3 sets of SISL and 1 set of original Hollowgrams. I run them on everything including my Surly Ice Cream Truck :D
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

racersir

by racersir

I'm also thinking about getting the Hollowgram crank, I currently have Sram Red Exogram installed and just can't justify spending all that money for the Hollowgrams yet