2011 Cannondale Supersix vs 2014 Cannondale Non Himod Evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lovemydales

by lovemydales

Hey Everyone,

Currently have a 2011 Cannnondale Supersix 3 Ultegra. Purchased brand new as my first ever carbon bike.

I've always wanted an Supersix Evo but have been out of my budget until the introduction of the standard carbon Evo range. Have been considering buying a 2014 Cannondale Evo 5 Standard (not Hi Mod) and building that up to a sub 7kg bike.

Just thinking to myself if there is much of a difference between the two bikes.

Pic is of my current bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lovemydales

by lovemydales

Anyone?

superdx

by superdx

According to my LBS, who have been a Cannondale dealer for something like 15 years, there are almost no differences between 2012-2015 range of the Supersix EVO. Mainly paint, groupset and other components. 2011 seems to be a bit further back in that time period, but either way I think you'll like the 2015 models. It's a great frame regardless. Why not spring for just a hi-mod frame? You can always transfer your existing components over. Cheaper overall too.

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

A few years ago I had a Supersix and thought it was the best bike of the time. Once I moved to the EVO it moved to the #1 position.

Thinner tubes
Bottom bracket not so massive (beatbox)

Overall just a better ride, what is a better ride? On longer rides, the rough roads transfer vibrations to the rider, bottom line on the EVO you just feel less of it. Some say that the thinner tubes are more aero? Personally I think it would be a real upgrade for you. If your supersix has a group that you like transfer it and buy the EVO with the low end group. Really if the EVO has new 105 it could be better than your older 2011 group. Remember the 2014 group is probably 11 speed and may not work with some of your favorite wheelsets that you have been using.

The best part is riding everything out there back to back same route same miles on a test, have fun
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

lovemydales

by lovemydales

Thanks Guys :) I ended up getting the 2014 Cannondale Evo 5. Such a nice looking bike and looks like the athletic slimmer version of my older supersix.

In the process of taking off the groupset while I wait for the Red22 to arrive :wink: