Picking last bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

Have tubbies back in Boston, both Reynolds DV46 & MV32 and of course love the ride of them.
But my challenge with tubbies is that on long rides of 70miles or more, riding in a group, everyone, and I mean everyone is on clinchers, be it carbon or not. And sure, I'll carry a spare and yes, do use sealant but there is always that what if factor, so I picked the clincher version of the Boras. I may yet change that decision...

And tinozee, thx for tip about Wheelworks. They really are one of the few remaining bike stores in Boston area that has not been completely consumed by Trek, Spez or Cervelo. Bought my first DeRosa from their store in Somerville back in late 80's
It only hurts if you think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rhyshan

by rhyshan

+1 on C60

eric01

by eric01

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Everything I've read and heard about both are all very positive. You're picking -- or rather have picked -- from the top of the pile. Enjoy the ride! Oh and btw... tubes all the way... but I think we already have hundreds of pages on that topic elsewhere on the forum ;)
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I would go with your heart. There may be days when you spend more time looking at your bike than riding it, so get something that you love the look of (Colnago by the way !) and which speaks to you.

Ride it and enjoy and store up the experiences. Even better, photographs, video and epic days out on famous climbs.

If you find yourself in the UK then come and ride some of our famous hills. I'll take some pictures.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

How are things? What did you decide?

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

ghisallo2003 wrote:How are things? What did you decide?

Doing well and getting out riding as much as possible but low hematocrit (30>) is killer on the hills. One's legs will only do so much then basically just blow-up - not enough oxygen getting to muscles. Oh well, teaches me to ride within my limits.

As to bike...

C60 in traditional geometry and OFMA paint job. Takes longer to get the traditional geo so bike is still in production at Colnago. She'll have Campy Record, of course, and Bora 35s.

Hoping to get her by mid-May so I can take her with me to Pinzalo to see stages 15&16 of Giro. Keeping fingers crossed.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

colnago sounds good with whatever kit you have always wanted. Waiting 2 years though for a pegoretti might not be the best plan. best of luck and keep riding.

tinozee

by tinozee

C60 traditional in that navy blue/black will be gorgeous.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

I think it will be tinozee and will post some pix once she arrives.

Hopefully soon as I have made plans to head down to see stages 15&16 of Giro and would love to christen my bike on a few of those climbs!

tinozee

by tinozee

look forward to the pics, haven't seen a traditional geo C60 yet. Giro sounds great too, I hope to go to some italy races when I move back to EU next year.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

tinozee wrote:look forward to the pics, haven't seen a traditional geo C60 yet. Giro sounds great too, I hope to go to some italy races when I move back to EU next year.

Well Tinozee, just got word today that the factory will finally be doing a production run of traditional geo C60s. Been told by Bellati that I should see my bike by early/mid June.

Keeping fingers crossed

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

The bike has finally arrived, tuned it up and took her for a short spin yesterday.

Initial Impressions:
She is drop-dead gorgeous! As one poster said, due to my situation, I may eventually be looking at it more than riding it (hope not). But if that does come to pass, I will never tire of looking at this beautiful piece of functional art. The Dogma may have that interesting industrial design look common with today's office buildings, but the C60 is a cathedral.

Her ride is simply sublime. Light, stiff and lithe. Throw her into a corner, steady as a rock. Stomp on her pedals, its all forward. Tomorrow will take her up into Vienna's Wienerwald to she how she climbs and descends. I'm expecting all smiles.

Pictures forthcoming.

micky

by micky

Waiting for pictures!! :beerchug:

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Good luck and savor every second!

hasbeen

by hasbeen

:popcorn:
cuck fancer