power2max question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djokke

by djokke

I have now a 6800 ultegra compact crank on my bike.
I want to buy a power2max powermeter.

My question is: does a 4 bolt shimano design exists from power2max?

in the following link http://www.power2max.de/europe/en/support/auswahlhilfe/ i can read the following
under point 1, i can understand that i have to buy the power meter and a crank
under point 3 i can read that i can choose the Shimano 4-bolt format that is only compatible with Shimano chain rings...

I can't find anything on the power2max site concerning the 4 bolt shimano format.
I can only a thing on DC rainmakers site http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/powe ... ility.html

Carrots

by Carrots

It's currently unavailable, and likely unavailable for the foreseeable future it would appear.

If you're not looking to change away from shimano rings you could always look at the new Quarq 4 bolt design.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rma

by rma

You can also take a look at SRM (DA 9000) or a Stages left-sided only 6800 crankarm.

Grill

by Grill

Have you emailed them? They reply pretty much right away...

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

why be just limited to 4 bolt design? there are several nice cranks power2max offers, in both the classic and s-type.

dha

by dha

I emailed power2max about a 4 bolt dura-ace version and they did reply, sadly there aren't any plans at the moment to release it despite those photos showing a 4 bolt version.

jeffy

by jeffy

frustratingly "there aren't any plans" doesn't mean anything, if there were plans to announce and release it in the summer they wouldn't tell anyone.

mentok

by mentok

I'd be inclined to move to praxis rings on a non-shimano power crankset (p2m or quarq) in your position. I'm running quarq with ultegra and it doesn't make me feel too dirty mixing brand.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Anyway P2max talked about making a 4 bolt spider but they never talked about Shimano P2max-specific crankarms like the SRM version

Praxis rings are top quality and shift perfectly, it's not a compromising choice

djokke

by djokke

I sent a mail to P2M; i received the following answer:

"We don´t have this type of p2m in our range. Due to high demand on other p2m solutions we have this version not on stock and right now this option is no longer in production...."

cavedweller

by cavedweller

Power2Max made the 4 bolt shimano version for a very, very short period of time, only a matter of months. I have one, they are not vaporware. They are great, I can run 50t to 55t outer chainrings on same power meter.

They discontinued making them when they sponsored Movistar and started making the 4 bolt Campy power meter, maybe some kind of spondership conflict. I dont buy the "its not a popular option" excuse.
Attachments
_20160424_170459.JPG

ms6073

by ms6073

That certainly is an interesting PM build with Rotor crank arms and the DA 9000 chainrings.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

I had the same build for a while. Worked great, but honestly Praxis rings shift just as well.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike