Installing a SISL on Sram PF30 BB

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

r3awak3n

by r3awak3n

Just got a SISL to replace my campy + wheels manufacturing adapter crankset on my PF30 bike. The current BB installed is a sram PF30 BB.

I have read as many threads on this and have looked at both SISL manual and the SISL2 manual.

I still have everything that came with the sram BB in a box, the spacers and the wave washer so I should be good. The bearing covers are probably on the bike right now (don't remember if when I installed the wheels manufacturing adapter I put them on or not but I assume I did).

Question is, on the SISL manual it mentions nothing about a PF30 BB but on the SISL2 it does. On the SISL manual it says for me to put the spindle, spacers and wave washer on the left NDS of the bike but one the SISL 2 it tells me to put the spacers on the right DS of the bike (I know the spindle is different on the SISL 2, it doesn't have the ridge, I will be installing the spindle that came with the crankset so its the SISL spindle).

Does it matter where the wave washer and spacer goes?

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Wave washer and spacers go on the NDS on SISL2 and DS in SISL. One of the modifications they made for the SISL2 was to have all washers on NDS so that chainline was always consistent. My tip, for long BB bearing life is to wet sand the spindle just until it can be pushed into the BB by hand, be careful to sand uniformly and keep rechecking regularly. Otherwise you will have a lot of unnecessary binding and very short BB life (4000k)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r3awak3n

by r3awak3n

That is really good to know and good tip on the sanding, thats a really good idea. Shouldn't have to be sand much right, a few mm should do the trick.