Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

TonyM wrote:You could also go for the Campagnolo Hyperon Clincher...But the weight is not attractive compared to the Bora35 Ultra (1345g vs. 1370g Bora 35 Ultra) :roll:
And even less attractive to the possible Gipfelstrum clincher which could be 1025g + extra 80 g for the clincher version so in total 1105 g :thumbup: I would also buy these immediately :beerchug:
On the other side which advantages would these Gipfelstrum have compared to the Meilenstein ? the lower height of the Gipfelsturm rim bring less crosswind effect, right ? Is there any other adavantages ?

I have a pair of alu clincher for the mountains (Fulcrum Racing Zero nite - 1420g) and I have just ordered a pair of LW Meilenstein SchwarzED Clincher 1180g for the hilly region where I also live.
My search for a real mountain wheelset which should be very light and excellent/ safe in braking in the mountains is not that easy.
I have skipped the AX Lightness Clincher due to their average reviews (braking issues) and as they don't have ceramic bearings (surely a mental advantage).
This mountain wheelset should be better than my current set of Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Clincher and my LW Meilenstein Clincher :P

How is the breaking surface on the nite? Still black?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

drmarg wrote:
Tony,
The Gipfelsturms are available as clinchers? I could not find these on their website??? This would be one great climber set!!! I currently run the AX Ultra 24 tubulars. No issues.....

Unfortunately not as Clincher available :-(
That was only my calculation on the weight if available....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Nejmann wrote:
How is the breaking surface on the nite? Still black?

The whole rim is not black but dark grey.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

CEVelo

by CEVelo

My Dogma F8 is finally built. DA Di2, Stages PM, Enve 3.4 SES. Weigh in at 15.22lbs.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Nice, but it deserves a Zipp sl145 stem...

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Yeah, will change the stem when I have the fit dialed 100%.

Its funny, per the online geometry chart, I though I needed a 100mm stem, turned out in real life i needed a 120mm to match my S3 setup. Guess things like 'reach' and 'stack' is all relative and not 100% consistent between brands. In this case it turned out in my favor, as I much rather run a 120mm stem.

Bike is awesome, just did 50miles/5000ft on it. Love the bike and especially the DA DI2 group, hard to think ill ever want anything else. Can't wait to ride it more, yet have a lingering headcold i need get rid of first.

drmarg

by drmarg

Really beautiful! Again, congratulations! Looks fast! I like the Italian stem on this bike. The little bit of red sets it off. Are you running the stem up or down? Hard to tell in the image. It almost looks like a 90 degree stem? Looking forward to more comments on the road feel of this frame, bump compliance, etc. Don't even need to ask about torsional rigidity… Feel better!
2015 TREK Emonda Project One 6.03kg
2015 TREK Emonda Project One 5.44kg
2014 BMC TeamElite 01 MTB 9.07kg

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Stem is -6degrees, riding it down. Agree, fork angle makes it look a bit odd.
From my 50mile/5k ft climbing today ride, it leaves nothing to wish for. Initial impressions are that the bike is VERY responsive, nicely compliant and tracks very steadily. Easy to spin up to speed, maintain speed and a very capable climber and great to descend. Obviously I will need another several hundred miles before I can tell in more detail and with a more critical view. The setups as shown weight in on 15.2lbs, so I could only imagine what a set of low weight / climbing tubulars would do for its uphill capability.

Very Happy!!

mimason

by mimason

Glad to hear that you are happy so far. Your first impressions are in line with what I experienced. I had to play with stem height to get the handling the way I wanted it and I'm actually much lower than previously with no comfort issues. Long and low and aero! I actually find myself in the drops a lot on fast flats and group riding.

Interesting how you were 20mm off in your measurements. You're lucky it wasn't in the other direction since a lot of people buy too big a frame coming from other geometries.

ALS

by ALS

The bike looks great glad you're enjoying it. Picked up mine last week exact same issue..maths said 10cm stem but I need at least 11cm

nelsonivan

by nelsonivan

what size is this f8 frame?
Pinarello Dogma F8 / DA Di2 / Zipp 303 Tubulars / ee cycleworks Brakes /

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Size 54 (55cm top tube).

Fit me spot on, but be aware, the online stack and reach chart seem off (esp. reach as I could use a 20mm longer stem than predicted)

Cheetahmk7

by Cheetahmk7

bdb wrote:I have the C60, it replaced a CX-1 and I can tell you it is very comfortable for long rides, I've seen a lot more F8's around Marin/SF than C60's, maybe because abovecategory have a good customer base here and sell quite a few of them.

Last weekend I saw 4 of them. So even if you debadged it, it's very recognizable. And it's grown on me a lot.
Latest build from AC.
https://instagram.com/p/0mDQYLBRNu/?tak ... vecategory

I have yet to get a ride on one, but I feel like either bike will fit the bill.

How does the C60 compare to the CX-1? The reason I ask is because I had a CX-1 and found that it descended really well but gave a really harsh ride and was pretty heavy too.
Last edited by Cheetahmk7 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Nice ride.
I would go for a -8 degree stem a la deda, in black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com