Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TonyM

by TonyM

CEVelo wrote:Getting closer and closer to deciding now.

Sounds like all C60 owners love their rides, as does the Dogma F8 owners.
Given that I have the S3 (aero, performance oriented etc), I am leaning Colnago since it's such a classic looking bike and should last me a long long time. The F8 may be more of a "transient bike", e.g. own for 3-5years and possibly trade when the newer model comes about. Really want them both though. :D

Hard call.

That was also my thinking as I decided to go for the C60 end of last year 8)
Knowing that I could also buy a Pinarello Dogma XYZ in a few years on top if I need a more performance/ Aero oriented bike. And in this aero, each year brings new features and improvments :evil:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

munk93

by munk93

Currently testing the Dogma for a danish road magazine. I like the C60, but the Dogma looks so good in both grey and white. Colnago makes some of the most beautiful paintjobs, but the shapes and forms of the F8, in one of those relatively simple, yet very cool paintjobs, really does it for me.
The F8 is very fast and lively. I prefer the new shape of the forks, compared to the old Onda-shape. I'm 188 cm, and riding a 57,5. I normally prefer a smaller frame, so I'm not sure that I have the full experience of this ride.
I'm all in for a grey or white F8, but if you can't get those (Long delivery time) go for a C60. If you're a sponsored pro, you don't have to worry about looks. But if you're spending a smaller fortune of your own money, you should be happy every time you look at your bike. :)

oldtrackie

by oldtrackie

munk93 wrote:...if you're spending a smaller fortune of your own money, you should be happy every time you look at your bike. :)

Well said. You should choose the bike that you fall in love with...and every time you walk away from it you have to take one last look!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes yes yes
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Actually, both the C60 AND F8 will make me turn around and look twice...and therein lies the problem :D

oldtrackie

by oldtrackie

...but which will you be passionate about and make your heart beat faster simply looking at it? If you genuinely have the same feeling about both you have to toss a coin to decide as they are both great bikes.

newforker

by newforker

Worked at a shop that carried both brands. The fit and finish of the F8 seemed much nicer than the C60.

The little plugs and dust-covers for Di2/EPS on the C60 were just horrible.

However, both bikes are nice and you will be happy with either or.

Bely

by Bely

Don't know if this helps or not also but there are a crap lot of OEM F8s out there - I don't see as many OEM C60s though ;)

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

Harmitc

by Harmitc

Re the fit and finish. If you run EPS/DI2 on the C60 use the Groupset bungs on the cable entry/exit. They are certainly better than the Colnago ones.

But as has been said, both great bikes, buy the one that excites![emoji106][emoji1]

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I think I need to find a shop that carries both, in colors I consider, then pick the one that calls to me the most.
I like the Naked Red F8, the BoB F8, and OFMA Classic C60 (for different reasons)
Seeing them side by side would help a lot i think. Few or no good pictures online of the OFMA C60.

catbill

by catbill

The C60 is made in Italy, whereas the F8 is made is Taiwan. What more info you need to make up your mind?

From the bottom of my heart. I have seen both the F8 and C60 top tubes cut open and there is no comparison at all.

Sorry if I am being too blunt!
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Catbill is clearly a Colnago lover.
But I do not believe the palce of production is a reason to decide on quality of a frame.
Ok if you are a die-heard Italia-lover, Colnago could earn extra points because of making the C60 in Italy.

C60 of F8?
F8 could be more Aero...maybe that's important to you?

catbill

by catbill

Yes and No. I did have a Paris for a few years before I opt for the C59. Pina were very very good as far as from my humble opinion and experience. In par with Colnago in terms of design and production up to 65.1.

The local bike shop who has demo me the difference between C60 and F8 is closed for Eastern break. Give me a few days and I show you pictures. OK.

Just sharing, ok!
Colnago C59 KOM
Colnago Extreme-C KOM
Ciocc Aquila Genius tubing
Colnago Master Olympic

Bely

by Bely

I agree with catbill - I was a big pinarello fanboy up to the 65.1... That's just MHO.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

fogman

by fogman

@catbill. @Bely. Just to clarify: Do you mean up to and including the 65.1 (or excluding the 65.1 as well as the F8)?
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com