Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Survivor
Yes, that's right
The 2016 MyWay order book is open and operational

You can choose the colours on any of the 3 Dogma models - F8, F8 Disc and K8-s
:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

A K8 is not a bad winter bike ;)

survivor

by survivor

ianSWBB wrote:Survivor
Yes, that's right

I tried the MyWay tool at Pinarello website but the customization tool doesn't allow me to customize to a full white frame with black Pinarello logos.

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

survivor wrote:
ianSWBB wrote:Survivor
Yes, that's right

I tried the MyWay tool at Pinarello website but the customization tool doesn't allow me to customize to a full white frame with black Pinarello logos.

I believe that pic is from Above Category cycling. They had a custom shop to pain that bike in solid white, Pinarello logos on DS AND NDS, instead of Dogma logo on NDS. Looks good on DS, but NDS kinda gives away the custom work. Maybe it's just me, but When dogmas with non factory logos are around, I immediately suspect Chinarello.

CEVelo

by CEVelo

gizgaz wrote:jwfinesse - How much fun are the Enve's on the F8!!! Some components are just meant to go together.

Here's what mine looks like built up...

What kind of headset spacer is that and where can one get one? Looks nice.

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

Survivor
OK - pm me - it's definitely doable as we've had someone order similar - they wanted a Team Wiggins colour scheme :)
The exact option wasn't available automatically on MyWay so had to be manually done

CEVelo
They are the new aero spacers that come with the 2016 Dogma F8 - designed to marry up perfectly with the new MOST aero stem - they obviously don't marry up perfectly with any other stem!
I haven't seen them as an after market sale yet, but can ask if you like?

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Wondering, can Pinarello take a custom order such that if I wanted the MyHour livery but wanted the forks to be a matching deep purple vs the standard red? I also don't favor his time plastered down the seat tube and would prefer not to have this....

They would likely have my next order if they could customize a bike in that fashion...
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

jimaizumi
let me ask and get back to you

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

jimaizumi

not good news :(
MyHour livery is possible - but no alterations to it :(
the long and short of it, is that they think if they do it one, then they have to do it for everyone and then it becomes a free for all

can always have it changed after-market, but then you void the warranty :(

MaxSpeed

by MaxSpeed

Sorry for digging up and old thread.

survivor wrote:Riding this machine keeps putting smiles on my face. No regrets whatsoever! :thumbup:

What rear light are you using?

mimason

by mimason

For the f8 the serfas thunderbolt is perfect. Almost seemless transition behind post.

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Sad update. My F8 frame cracked at the rear seat stay about a month back, and the entire structure is like a sponge.
Importer says its due to external force, bike has never been dropped or crashed. Settled for crash replacement and hope to have it sorted soonish. New frame arrived after little over 2 weeks, so now i just need swap the parts.

mimason

by mimason

Pinarello was good to me on a warranty item. Sucks that happened but also nice to pick a new color scheme to mix it up.
What did you choose ?

Wait...not fully covered? You had to pay out of pocket?

CEVelo

by CEVelo

mimason wrote:Pinarello was good to me on a warranty item. Sucks that happened but also nice to pick a new color scheme to mix it up.
What did you choose ?

Wait...not fully covered? You had to pay out of pocket?

Yes. Crash replacement. About half price of US MSRP. Sucks, so hope it never happens again.
Got the new bike built up Friday & couldn't be happier. A month of riding my B bike reminded me how great of a bike the F8 truly is!

LionelB

by LionelB

CEVelo wrote:
Yes. Crash replacement. About half price of US MSRP. Sucks, so hope it never happens again.
Got the new bike built up Friday & couldn't be happier. A month of riding my B bike reminded me how great of a bike the F8 truly is!

When my F8 seat stay cracked in a crash Pinarello was giving me 20% off MSRP for a crash replacement. I had the crack repaired for 50 euros. Cannot feel a difference before and after (it was a very small crack).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com