Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

Where are you in FL? Do you ever ride in San Antonio or Clermont?

MiddMan

by MiddMan

+1 to the OP and those who have responded. I'm literally thinking of choosing between the same two frames, albeit leaning towards the Colnago.. Keep the reviews coming!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

mimason wrote:Where are you in FL? Do you ever ride in San Antonio or Clermont?

I haven't I live in Delray Beach and basically ride the A1A north and south... it is beautiful! When I lived in Sunny Isles I rode north to Hollywood and south to South Beach. Again beautiful but way more dangerous!

kgt wrote:Thanks for the reviews.

No Problem, I think user reviews of the bikes is helpful. This weekend was good for Team Sky and the Dogma F8. Pinarello does not have bikes for different disciplines other than TT, they only have the F8.

gizgaz

by gizgaz

I'm awaiting delivery of an F8 to replace my 60.1, but i'm STILL agonising if i've chosen the right bike, or should i have gone for the C60! Hence just discovering and reading all 9 pages of this thread!

These are the two things swayed my opinion in the end, and i'd thought i'd share them.

1) I like the classic look of Colnago's, but feel like the classic lugged design reached it's zenith (aesthetically) with the C59. The new c60 feels (to me) like they are trying to keep lugged design alive, and pushing it to places it really shouldn't be going. The monocoque Colnago V1-r has kind of confirmed this to me and is where Colnago has now turned in search of stiffness.

2) An image of a beautifully built F8. Looks weirdly classic and modern at the same time. Kudos to whoever the builder/owner is! Dogma F8 on flickr and it's a F8 BOB with Gold chain, Lightweight wheels and Veloflex yellow cotton walled tyres.
https://flic.kr/p/oYzaPL

mimason

by mimason

Once you throw a leg over the bike you won't ever look back. Pina hit a home run with the F8 and this is not taking anything away from the C60.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

gizgaz wrote:I'm awaiting delivery of an F8 to replace my 60.1, but i'm STILL agonising if i've chosen the right bike, or should i have gone for the C60! Hence just discovering and reading all 9 pages of this thread!

These are the two things swayed my opinion in the end, and i'd thought i'd share them.

1) I like the classic look of Colnago's, but feel like the classic lugged design reached it's zenith (aesthetically) with the C59. The new c60 feels (to me) like they are trying to keep lugged design alive, and pushing it to places it really shouldn't be going. The monocoque Colnago V1-r has kind of confirmed this to me and is where Colnago has now turned in search of stiffness.

2) An image of a beautifully built F8. Looks weirdly classic and modern at the same time. Kudos to whoever the builder/owner is! Dogma F8 on flickr and it's a F8 BOB with Gold chain, Lightweight wheels and Veloflex yellow cotton walled tyres.

In my mind the C60 is in an entirely different class of bike. It's hand built in Italy by Colnago. You don't get with Pinarello. You can see how the market views a Colnago in the marketplace too. People covet the older models such as the C-59,C-50, C-40, Extreme C & Power Extreme in way you don't see with Pinarello.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

mimason

by mimason

^ Are you saying Colnago is outselling Pinarello? or when you say market views in the marketplace are you referring to the celebrity status Colnago gets on this forum? Again, I'm not trying to take away from C'nago but personal bias dictates this forum more that objective comparisons. Ride and decide is all I say or go soley off of emotions.

em3

by em3

mimason wrote:^ Are you saying Colnago is outselling Pinarello? or when you say market views in the marketplace are you referring to the celebrity status Colnago gets on this forum? Again, I'm not trying to take away from C'nago but personal bias dictates this forum more that objective comparisons. Ride and decide is all I say or go soley off of emotions.

+1000 ... precisely!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agreed... personal bias is prevalent on any forum, regardless of topic. It's always up to the reader to decide which posts are based on bias and which posts are based on actual logic, reason and actual experience.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
gizgaz wrote:I'm awaiting delivery of an F8 to replace my 60.1, but i'm STILL agonising if i've chosen the right bike, or should i have gone for the C60! Hence just discovering and reading all 9 pages of this thread!

In my mind the C60 is in an entirely different class of bike. It's hand built in Italy by Colnago. You don't get with Pinarello. You can see how the market views a Colnago in the marketplace too. People covet the older models such as the C-59,C-50, C-40, Extreme C & Power Extreme in way you don't see with Pinarello.

In your mind is a good way of putting it...

I tested both and I chose the F8 over the C60. To me the F8 feels like a contemporary racer low, fast, stiff, and aero and the C60 felt more like a gran fondo machine upright, relaxed, stiff, and fast. I might still get one this year but it's close between the C60 and the Cipollini RB0.80K.

They are in the same class of elite and exotic superbikes that others that don't ride them lust after.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

For someone like me that does Grand Fondo and fun rides the C60 is by far the bike of choice but only because of my riding style and age.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

c60 is a race bike.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@trektocolnago: I know you love your C59. I love mine too. But as a fellow Colnago owner sometimes your comments just embarrass me. In the Trek Madonr 9 thread you made the comment that Treks best days were behind them. That's a silly enough statement in itself but the irony is that if I had to pick one manufacturer where that statement applied to most, I d have to say it's Colnago. Not that Colnagos bikes are getting worse, just that I don't think they'll ever enjoy the status and accolades that they've enjoyed in years gone by. There's a lot of good bikes out there. Lots are good "race bikes" as well as just plain fun to ride.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

@colnago, now your comments embarrass me.
Colnago still manufactures their top of the line bikes closer to a custom builder than what comes of of Asia. Trek seems to have their marketing guys out there with boxes to check, aero, light, endurance etc. Anyway, enough with the personal attacks. Enjoy your bikes.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com