Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

It's a size 55, frame with rear and front derailleur hanger weight was 1016g. Porky, but understandable with a gloss finish, and of course, the frame being a Dogma.
Onda fork, without steerer cut, was 392g. (cut steerer weighs 30g)
Seatpost 215g.

Enve 4.5 Tubulars w/ Veloflex Arenbergs
DA 9070
EE brakes
Enve 120mm stem, 42cm handlebar
Stages power meter
Tune speedneedle saddle
Tune bottle cages
DA9000 pedals
Bike Ribbon Eleganza bartape
Aican Bungarus brake cable housing (removed all the plastic liner bits and replace them with jagwire nokon liners, works much better)

saddle height is 77cm at right above the seatpost. (it's hard to get a measurement on that saddle)
saddle to bar drop is about 11.4cm

Final build weight is 6620g with ultegra 11-28 casette and a k-edge garmin mount. Could've gone down to 6570g with dura ace casette, but I just hated them creaking all the time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gizgaz

by gizgaz

jwfinesse - How much fun are the Enve's on the F8!!! Some components are just meant to go together.

Here's what mine looks like built up...

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

jwfinesse wrote:It's a size 55, frame with rear and front derailleur hanger weight was 1016g. Porky, but understandable with a gloss finish, and of course, the frame being a Dogma.
Onda fork, without steerer cut, was 392g. (cut steerer weighs 30g)
Seatpost 215g.

Enve 4.5 Tubulars w/ Veloflex Arenbergs
DA 9070
EE brakes
Enve 120mm stem, 42cm handlebar
Stages power meter
Tune speedneedle saddle
Tune bottle cages
DA9000 pedals
Bike Ribbon Eleganza bartape
Aican Bungarus brake cable housing (removed all the plastic liner bits and replace them with jagwire nokon liners, works much better)

saddle height is 77cm at right above the seatpost. (it's hard to get a measurement on that saddle)
saddle to bar drop is about 11.4cm

Final build weight is 6620g with ultegra 11-28 casette and a k-edge garmin mount. Could've gone down to 6570g with dura ace casette, but I just hated them creaking all the time.

It's a bit of difference in weight of these frames it seems.

I had a dealer weight a Team Sky size 55 complete frame.

It was 1751 grams.

The forks speced weight was 420 grams as far as what i have read.

Your frameset seems about 100 grams lighter for same size.

I am estranged of the weight if they use tubes/ layup that are so thin at some places.

They look nice, the F8 bikes, but far too expensive. I wonder what the price had been if they had manufactured the frame in Italy instead of Asia.

I think a Skylon frame with Active fork cost about same (or less), built in France (i guess)!?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

gizgaz wrote:jwfinesse - How much fun are the Enve's on the F8!!! Some components are just meant to go together.

Here's what mine looks like built up...

You got the 2016 colorways! Looks awesome!

Those bigger Enve looks great. I thought 56mm rear on my 4.5s would be huge, but turned out I could've gotten away with taller rims like yours.

4.5s are fast and stiff, I love 'em, but they are on the unforgiving side in terms of a ride quality spectrum. 25mm tires are pretty much mandatory for me to ride theses. Otherwise fantastic set of wheels.

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

wheelsONfire wrote:

It was 1751 grams.

I am estranged of the weight if they use tubes/ layup that are so thin at some places.

They look nice, the F8 bikes, but far too expensive. I wonder what the price had been if they had manufactured the frame in Italy instead of Asia.

I think a Skylon frame with Active fork cost about same (or less), built in France (i guess)!?

I saw glory cycle's pics of 54 sized matte frame weighing 940g, and mine being a size bigger with gloss paint, numbers make sense.

Complete frame set weight of 1750g including headset bearings and seat clamp wedge falls into the ball park, though. Maybe the dealer weighed it with everything on?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

^^^

yes, it was weighted as such (as we use it)!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

jwfinesse wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:

It was 1751 grams.

I saw glory cycle's pics of 54 sized matte frame weighing 940g, and mine being a size bigger with gloss paint, numbers make sense.

Complete frame set weight of 1750g including headset bearings and seat clamp wedge falls into the ball park, though. Maybe the dealer weighed it with everything on?

Really gorgeous bike, loved it!!
What's the colour code? I can't seem to find a glossy black and white frame, which would be my favourite combo :-)
Like yours is.

jwfinesse

by jwfinesse

snowdevlin wrote:
What's the colour code? I can't seem to find a glossy black and white frame, which would be my favourite combo :-)
Like yours is.

It's a color code 961.
961=gloss naked silver, 951=matte naked silver and
Image in the link is from the US distributor Gitabike's catalogue, and they used the same image of 951 matte frame for both 951, 961. adding confusion.

survivor

by survivor

Riding this machine keeps putting smiles on my face. No regrets whatsoever! :thumbup:

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

jwfinesse wrote:
snowdevlin wrote:
Like yours is.

It's a color code 961.
961=gloss naked silver, 951=matte naked silver and
Image in the link is from the US distributor Gitabike's catalogue, and they used the same image of 951 matte frame for both 951, 961. adding confusion.

Perfect, many thanks!!!! :-)

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Beautiful F8's but there is way too much Dura Ace love going on so I thought I would break it up a little. The Dogma F8 gets on spectacularly well with Campagnolo SR EPS and Lightweight Fernweg's. Its so beautiful it hurts...
Last edited by BlackMadone on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

jwfinesse wrote:
gizgaz wrote:Now for the bad(ish)... In the interest of keeping the frame light, but needing the larger tube shapes for aero purposes, Pinarello have made the walls of the tubes thin... I mean really thin. If you use your thumbs and press on the down tube at the letter 'A' of the Pinarello logo, you can flex the wall of the tubes. The same is true of the seat tube. Don't get me wrong, I've not had any problems with my F8 at all, but sure makes me nervous of any accidental side impacts. So much so i've taken out specific bike insurance for the first time ever. This maybe 'a thing' with larger aero shaped tubes on different bikes, I don't know, but this is the first bike i've ever had it on.

I just checked that I can flex down tube and seat tube, using my thumb. My guess is that F8 tubings are like double or triple butted tubes on steel frames, where walls are the thinnest at the middle, as I push down closer to the joint areas like bb shell and head tube, I can't flex them anymore. This is a surprise, though no worries. The frame itself feels like a tank with a rear suspension.

I am a big guy, able to down 1300~1500 watts in short bursts, and the frame keeps asking for more. Front end of this bike also feels like a tank with no flex whatsoever (except from my bars) The rear end feels plushier than my previous Parlee Z3 built with XL tubing. It's kind of a paradox to ask for a frame that is stiff and compliant. My Z3 was stiff, even more so than F8. With F8, I think I've found the sweet spot of stiffness vs compliance.

One thing I found disturbing is that the fd braze-on mount bolts were loose, loose enough to make a crackling sound under power. Pinarello factory kindly painted all over the bolt heads, and as I tried to tighten those bolts, I stripped one ever so easily. Got pissed off and replaced all bolts with stainless steel bolts of my choice. If any of F8 owners out there hears a loud crackling noise when you pedal, I suggest you to check if these bolts aren't loose.

Here are pics of my ride:

Stunning!

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Why does it seem like the smaller frames have a sloping top tube, especially with that gorgeous Wiggins frame? I've yet to see one of these beauties on WW....

THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

survivor

by survivor

jimaizumi wrote:Why does it seem like the smaller frames have a sloping top tube, especially with that gorgeous Wiggins frame? I've yet to see one of these beauties on WW....

I believe for Pinarello F8 frame size anything that is 470 and less has a sloping top tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

survivor

by survivor

BlackMadone wrote:Beautiful F8's but there is way too much Dura Ace love going on so I thought I would break it up a little. The Dogma F8 gets on spectacularly well with Campagnolo SR EPS and Lightweight Fernweg's. Its so beautiful it hurts...

Nice bike!!! I like white Pinarello F8!!! Is this color scheme available to order through Pinarello MyWay?