Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bely

by Bely

I love the ride feel of the colnago - it's like one can can ride them for hours and not get beat up. They are comfortable. The 65.1 lacked something, I really can't put my finger on it and I will be honest, I am not expert, it's just a "feel." For the record, both had the exact same equipment. The F8, I am told by some friends who ride it is a far cry above the 65.1. I think the f8 just looks fast and I am actually going to be trying one out soon enough. Aesthetically speaking - I liken the Colnagos to like a brabus enhanced classic car vs a F8 which is like getting a mclaren ;)... I know I am not helping!

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

The c-60 is a real Italian bike, designed and built in Italy. The Pinarello is merely Italian marketing. Used Colnago's retain their value and are highly sought after, not so with older Dogma's. Never rode a c-60, but I've been very pleased with my c-59. In my view there's really no debate.

Also I'd discount the idea that one frame is faster than the other. Teams race on both. If anything one is more likely to go faster on the more comfortable frame over a longer ride due to the rider no feeling beat up as much..
Last edited by fromtrektocolnago on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Alfie22

by Alfie22

I would choose the c60 because it looks more classic.

It's just a matter of taste. What ever you choose it would be perfect. We are talking about two of the best bike frames in the world..

Alfie22

by Alfie22

fromtrektocolnago wrote:The c-60 is a real Italian bike, designed and built in Italy. The Pinarello is merely Italian marketing. Used Colnago's retain their value and are highly sought after, not so with older Dogma's. Never rode a c-60, but I've been very pleased with my c-59. In my view there's really no debate.

+1

kgt

by kgt

I agree that if one wants a frame to keep for many, many years that would be the Colnago.
F8 is a top performance frame with a great racing heritage but it is highly possible that it will look rather outdated in a few years. OTOH a C60 (especially one with an horizontal top tube) will be a future classic. The real made in Italy is also a big plus IMHO (for many reasons).

LionelB

by LionelB

still waiting to see a c60 with an horizontal tt

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

@cevelo I currently ride a dogma2 so 2 generations older than the F8 but am currently building up a C60. The dogma2 for me feels very "planted" and I always feel connected to the road (which is a good thing). I have never ridden a C60 but I wanted an all-rounder and I keep on hearing great feedback on its ride quality so I thought why not. I am not a big guy so I'm pretty sure the C60 will be plenty stiff for me. In the past, I did not care for Colnago lugs but with the new square impec-like lugs, I really like it. Also being an all-rounder, I think the C60 is one of the few frames out there that look badass with Bora 50s but still look great with low-profile alloy wheels (like Shamal Milles).

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

kgt wrote:Nice comparative review ALS.
I am sure C60 and F8 are much better frames than R3. I am also impressed F8 is stiffer than C60 considering C60's the huge tubes.

Despite that I really like both the F8 and the C60, the R3 and S3 are really such damn good frames that neither the Pinarello nor the C60 will be an actual upgrade. From a weight/stiffness/aero perspective, the Cervélos are even superior in my book.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

ALS

by ALS

My R3 felt very average after the F8 and C60, not in the same league. However, you may be right when comparing to r5 or new s5 but as I've not ridden either I couldn't comment.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

@ Bely. After riding the C-59 I don't see myself wanting another carbon bike. If I did get something else it would have to be in another direction like a FireFly. There's nothing better than a top end Colnago carbon frame in my opinion.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

MartyWild

by MartyWild

I've recently built up a V1-R with Record 2014, Zipp 404 FC (yeah I know=) and EE brakes.

I had originally wanted an F8, but the bike fitters persuaded me to go for the V1-R even though they stocked F8s and C60s. They said it would be a better fit for my short torso and long legs.

All I can say is I absolutely love it, yeah working on the rear brake isn't as easy as the seat stay alternative. She rides like an absolute dream, but I can only compare it to my medium modulus wavy forked F3:13.

Either way, all the bikes we're talking about here are immense. Will be pleased with any of them!

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

The current R3 and R5 models are more or less indistinguishable (rode both, liked them equally). The premium for the R5 is totally unjustified imo...
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

So much of he Cervelo geometry stays constant across sizes. I never got how a rider of a 42 and 58 cm frame are best served by the same chainstay length, seat angle etc
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

Bely

by Bely

fromtrektocolnago wrote:@ Bely. After riding the C-59 I don't see myself wanting another carbon bike. If I did get something else it would have to be in another direction like a FireFly. There's nothing better than a top end Colnago carbon frame in my opinion.

@fromtrektocolnago. For the record, I still keep my horizontal top tube c59, and am seriously considering a firefly, speedvagen, festka... It's just the whole waiting that annoys me! ;) you are right - I think as a read on I am beginning to drop the idea of a f8 and focus on a custom shop...

Sorry to hijack the thread but any input for the custom builders among these 3.. Maybe Baum?

I agree with all who say that Colnagos somehow - I never have the desire to sell them... I still have the c40, c50 and regret selling my EP and EPS...

Pinarellos however I do tend to adopt the FIFO (first in first out) method...

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CEVelo

by CEVelo

More love today for the C60 as the tread continue to evolve.

Given that I already own a 2015 Cervelo S3, the C60 appeal is that it's very complementary setup, classic/timeless and with a (perhaps) meaningful ride quality edge vs. the S3 for i.e. fondo days. I would ideally get a bike to keep for a while, this is a 40th Bday gift to myself.

On the other hand, the F8 may have a performance edge, also offer a great ride (eps. vs the S3?) & trump the C60, rendering the S3 to become the "secondary" bike for race/rain/rollers etc. In this scenario, both my bikes are quite similar (aero, 'harsher' ride vs. an R3/5 or C60 etc.)
F8 owners, do you feel that you can easily ride 80+ mile rides on the F8 without getting 'beat up', e.g. similar to what is the hallmark description of the Colnago ride quality?

On the C60, has anyone seen the OFMA Classic color (black/blue)? Hardly any real photos apart from catalog pictures online for it. This color may win out for me in case I decide to go for the C60.

So hard, I know I eventually 'need' both of them, but need to pick just one to start. Every other day i am thinking F8 is the one, only to change my mind the following day...Please keep more impressions coming.