Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thp

by thp

The new F8 looks really good, never did like the waveyness of the older versions, but the F8 is just sleek.

mimason

by mimason

CEVelo, do you think you could be a 55 with a 110 and slammed?

I ride the 54 with a -6 degree 120 and mine is slammed(using 4mm spacer). I'm thinking I could also be a 55, run a 110 and use a -8 or -10 still slammed but get a tad more wheelbase for tracking. Not sure exactly how the 110 vs the 120 would change steering but the longer wheelbase I think I would like. I like what I have a lot but really would be cool to try the 55 as I indicated above.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I could possibly be a 55, although my coach and team always recommend to go for the smallest possible frame that can be made to fit. The 54 tracks plenty stable so I don't personally seek any gains there, rather a bigger wheelbase might possibly loose a bit agility in corners. I think your setup sounds just right.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

How tall are you guys, who ride the 54 size version?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

mimason

by mimason

I'm 5'11

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Aha, i wondered when you talked of sizes. I would have used a 55 for that lenght. I think you are 180cm or so? I am 182cm. Looking at the chart of stack and reach i would be a 56, but they told me i would use a 55. Looking at Scott in my size (L/56) is 567-569mm stack and 394mm in reach. Vial EVO is 578mm stack and 394mm reach (L/56.5). The 56 size Pina is 567-569mm in stack and 391mm in reach, 55 is 561mm stack and 389mm in reach.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

mimason

by mimason

^Yes 180cm. My fitter who I have used for 10+ years said I could go either way. It was stated slammed with a 110/55, or 2cm spacer with a 120/54 using the measurements from my last fitting on a ML TCR Avd SL. After some micro adjustments I ended up slamming the 54, swapped out the cap from the provided Pina to a Ritchey 4mm and still use the 120. It feels great to me. I'm actually more aero and comfortable. Its interesting that using the stack and reach and my other bike set up that I would adjust so much with the new bike. I definitely would need a -8 or -10 stem with the 55. The F8 begs for long and low.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Well as long as you fit the bike it's a win win!
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

survivor

by survivor

I am 5'8" and I am going for Dogma F8 size 47. The dimension of 47 and 50 are actually very close. My LBS advise to go with 47 for better match to my fit. The unconfirmed inside news is that the 47 size frame was initially developed specifically for Cavendish when he was still with SKY on the Pinarello.

nelsonivan

by nelsonivan

survivor wrote:I am 5'8" and I am going for Dogma F8 size 47. The dimension of 47 and 50 are actually very close. My LBS advise to go with 47 for better match to my fit. The unconfirmed inside news is that the 47 size frame was initially developed specifically for Cavendish when he was still with SKY on the Pinarello.

I have a dogma 65.1 size 50 and im considering the F8 on size 47. My only concern is that the frame doesnt look to small. I believe fitting on it should not be an issue
Pinarello Dogma F8 / DA Di2 / Zipp 303 Tubulars / ee cycleworks Brakes /

nelsonivan

by nelsonivan

what you guys recommend?

Im 5'7"

F8 in 50 or 47 ?
Pinarello Dogma F8 / DA Di2 / Zipp 303 Tubulars / ee cycleworks Brakes /

mimason

by mimason

nelsonivan wrote:what you guys recommend?

Im 5'7"

F8 in 50 or 47 ?

Recommend that you seek the advice of a professional fitter or visit the Pina dealer for proper sizing.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Looking at some info of other pina frames it seems you're right.
http://www.pinarellofactoryoutlet.com/s ... ame-sizing

Don't find your new model here, but you got the charts from Dogma which is same as F8.
181-183 is suggested 55 and you who are 180 are the 54 version.
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I am 5'10 and some change. (~179cm). The 54 fit me right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

I'm 5'11 and I ride a 53cm F8 with a 120mm stem and it fits great long and aero and I agree with all the owners here that the F8 is a very racy but very comfortable frame that you have to stay on top of. Here is a review that I posted in my intro section.

I've now had 3 decent rides on my F8 and they are incredible bikes. My Madone is very much a GranFondo machine and my F8 is a purebred racer. It does every quicker accelerates, steers, and brakes. You look at a corner and you are there so you have to be ready... When stomping out of the saddle I went a little too deep and almost dropped it twice so I haven't been able to do a Vmax run until I'm more use to the handling. I easily maintain velocities I could only touch before or I needed to be in a group. Where I'm an -A rider on my Madone I'm a solid A to +A on the F8.

It is stiff... very stiff, but not uncomfortable. When accelerating from the saddle I have to use less effort to gain more speed and then I'm able to maintain the higher cadence and velocity for longer periods. Normal road bumps and dips are handled well and quickly forgotten about and crossing railroad tracks creates no major jarring effects. You do feel the road surface more and its highly communicative like its reading braille. Always keeps letting you know what the road conditions are... I have not gotten the rear triangle to twist. Even though I have not done a Vmax sprint yet I don't think there is going to any noticeable deflection.

I guess I have to chalk up the extra speed to the aero... I don't have a lot of experience with aero bike but I know what it feels like to get a pull from a rider in front of you and it feels something like that. Crosswinds are no bother at all even with the deep rimmed wheels. Florida is always windy and the days I went out we had up to 20 mph crosswinds and I never felt like I was being blown off my line. I never felt like I was even compensating for the wind... The wheels are great too in the respect because I felt blown all over the place with my Mavics. I had a set of Roval Rapide CLX 60's and they were better than the Mavics but can't come close these. Interesting though because these are skinny flat sided wheels like the Campag Bora Ultra's instead of the rounder toradol shape of Zipp etc...

The Powerway R36 hubs are very nice. They have ceramic bearings and they spin forever, also they sound great too. Nice and loud so everyone around me know there's a fast road bike coming. I consider this a safety thing where drivers and pedestrians are more likely to look up from their iPhones when they hear you. I also think the red on the hubs goes great with the paint work.

The paint work on the frame is very nice. The gloss clear is very good. I like the way the carbon material fades in and out rather than having bare or cleared carbon... It just looks nice. But I think Trek has some of the best quality paint in the business and when you run your finger over the Trek there are no edges and on some areas of the Pina there are but I knew this going in. Also the paint on my Trek still looks near new so we'll see how the F8 holds up over the years. The F8's initial quality is better than Cipollini which isn't that great. I still want a RB0.80k in Orange Fluo though.

Campagnolo Record is fantastic! It's been a little finicky getting it dialed in but now it's great. Its also beautiful, I'm a carbon fanatic and there's plenty of carbon to stare at. The cables might stretch a little more but that's why I bought a maintenance bike stand and I'm getting to know the system while playing with it.