Help me choose..C60 or Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LionelB

by LionelB

gizgaz wrote:but i'm STILL agonising if i've chosen the right bike

Yes you have

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

fromtrektocolnago wrote:c60 is a race bike.

As a fan of the C60 I'm always looking for it in the Pro Peloton... So I guess you should tell that to Team Europcar since they consistently use the VR-1 and the CX Zero for racing. It is a race bike but maybe not as racy as others.
Last edited by BlackMadone on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

CanadianBiker wrote:For someone like me that does Grand Fondo and fun rides the C60 is by far the bike of choice but only because of my riding style and age.

Its also an amazing ride that oozes style!

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

No idea on the c60 and pro peletons, but it is quite similar to the c59 which has been raced.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

borinomi

by borinomi

I vote C60, cause your 40+

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

BlackMadone wrote:

As a fan of the C60 I'm always looking for it in the Pro Peloton... So I guess you should tell that to Team Europcar since they consistently use the VR-1 and the CX Zero for racing. It is a race bike but maybe not as racy as others.

I watch all the race coverage available and I've seen loads of C60s under the Europcar riders, as well as the V1-r. I've only seen the CX Zero in the one day cobbled races.

ALS

by ALS

borinomi wrote:I vote C60, cause your 40+

Sorry but age is irrelevant. Someone said above, test both and choose the one you like. As one of few on here who has ridden both I can tell you they are both excellent frames with plenty of sizes for most, excellent handling, stiffness etc. they will both work well for racing, sportives, posing at the café.

kim

by kim

c60 recommended design

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Mockenrue wrote:
BlackMadone wrote:

I watch all the race coverage available and I've seen loads of C60s under the Europcar riders, as well as the V1-r. I've only seen the CX Zero in the one day cobbled races.

Yeah I saw the CX in the cobbles and maybe one or two C60's but mainly they ride the VR-1. I didn't see one C60 in the Crit Du Dauphine. Again I'm not saying it's not a race bike but it not as racy as the F8 or the VR-1.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Been riding a C60 for 2 months. Every ride it keeps growing on me. Fantastic feel, stiffness and handling.
Compared to my Parlee Z1, it steers better especially at speed and you can sense a good increase in overall stiffness.
Riding it is joy.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

it's really chalk and cheese. If you love lugs and more of a traditional look, then Colnago. If you want latest R/D Pina/Jag with aero look, then F8. Personally, the F8 does not rock my boat in any shape or form. Also, I see so many F8's now. Good luck with the choice. By the way........I was in the same boat 6 moths ago...I went De Rosa Protos !!!

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

Lafolie wrote:it's really chalk and cheese. If you love lugs and more of a traditional look, then Colnago. If you want latest R/D Pina/Jag with aero look, then F8. Personally, the F8 does not rock my boat in any shape or form. Also, I see so many F8's now. Good luck with the choice. By the way........I was in the same boat 6 moths ago...I went De Rosa Protos !!!

Its not for everyone... I love it though. The De Rosa Protos is the best looking modern bike out there. Fantastic!

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I just crossed the 1,000 mile mark on my F8, and it just keep growing on me. Rode 500+ miles in one week and the bike is just perfect. Super comfortable, efficient, fast and handles like a dream. There is no going wrong with either of these two bikes.

gizgaz

by gizgaz

One thing to note when choosing an F8 is the set back seat post! As standard comes with a set back post, but i've found it's too much. Had a quick google around and Chris Froome and Geraint Thomas's bikes both have zero setback posts. I've also seen alot of other owner pics with their seats very far forward whilst on the setback post.

mimason

by mimason

Looks like the entire fleet of Pinarello bikes are standard with setback posts so if you require something different then at least there is an optional non-set back post. My local shop determines fit before ordering so I've seen a non set back or two but the vast majority are using setback post for proper setup for those individuals.

Are you trying to be like those freaks of nature pros? LOL

Give us a ride report when you get yours dialed in.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com